Car jack is an important piece of equipment for car maintenance. There are many such tasks that a vehicle owner needs to do from time to time. This is where such tools become extremely useful. For instance, you want to replace the car tires, for this, you need to lift the car. If you know how to lower a floor jack, only then you can make use of it.
It is, therefore, vital to thoroughly understand its working steps. Many people might know the superficial use of this tool, but most of them cannot use the jack correctly. Here we will help you learn every step of the process of using the car jack.
Tips Before Lowering Car Jack
Follow these tips before the jack lowers your car:
● Always read the car jack manual instruction before use. Even if you think you are an expert.
● Place the vehicle on a solid flat surface during maintenance.
● Make sure the surface you use for using this tool is not a ramp.
● Your car has to be in parking mode during processing.
● Make sure you buy the best quality car jack for it to operate safely.
● Always take necessary safety measures before use, especially when you are using an old car jack.
There is some step to lower a floor jack.
The steps to lower a portable car jack are simple. However, they are of different types, so the protocol of lowering is different for each one of them. That’s why we cannot focus on just one type. Rather, we need to consider all types and their specific lowering steps.
There are four different car jack types available in the market right now. So, let us explain steps about how to lower a floor jack for each type separately.
1. Scissor Jack
If you have general knowledge about how to use a floor jack, you can certainly learn this type easily. This one is common as almost 70 percent of people use it today. Although it is the oldest and most used jack model like Torin T10152 Jack, worth buying even in today’s time. It has a special screw that connects with the half brackets.
Here are the steps to lower such jacks:
● As you turn the long-threaded screw, the two half brackets come closer and lower the jack.
● If you go further, the jack rises.
● When you reach the height that you desire, you have to turn the screw to lower the car.
● The scissor jack has a handle that looks like a rod. You can use it to do the above task.
● In general, spinning in an anticlockwise direction is quite helpful in lowering down the jack.
● Even when the car tires reach the surface, keep on rotating the jack.
● As you do this a few times, the jack detached from the car. You can now take out the jack.
2. Hydraulic Jack
The hydraulic car jack works on pascal’s rule. There is a tank in this ack that contains fuel fluids. As you put pressure on the floor jack, this fuel enters the ram. It has a mechanical pump that starts working only when you move the lever in an up or down direction. You can select Blackhawk B6350 3.5 Ton Jack or Arcan ALJ3T Jack if you decide to buy a good quality hydraulic jack.
Here are the steps to lower a hydraulic jack:
● Before you learn lowering this jack, learn to do it without weight first.
● After you place the jack at the jacking point, put pressure on the lever to lift the vehicle.
● When you need to lower it, turn the handle of the jack.
● Keep a strict eye on the lowering rate and make sure it is not too fast.
● As it reaches the ground, only then remove the jack from below.
3. Bottle Jack
If you know how to lower a hydraulic jack, then lowering a bottle jack will be simple for you. This is because it is similar to a hydraulic one but in the shape of a bottle like Torin 20 Ton Bottle Jack. It can handle heavy vehicles as its construction is very similar to the hydraulic floor jacks.
Here are the steps to lower a bottle jack:
● At first, assemble every component of the bottle jack using the instruction manual.
● After you adjust the height as per requirements, place it under the vehicle at the jack point.
● Now push the handle up and down to reach the height you need.
● After maintenance, slowly lower it by moving the valve in an anticlockwise direction.
● Never do the above step fast. In this way, the floor jack won't go down suddenly, and you can get an injury.
● Only after the car touches the ground level, you can take out the bottle jack.
4. Electric Jack
This one is quite similar to the scissor jack. However, there is one main difference in their basic working principle. This is about the floor jack handle that you do not need to wind manually that you do in scissor jack.
Here are the steps to lower electric floor car jacks such as ROGTZ Electric Jack:
● First of all, the electric jack is automatic, so you can lower it without hands.
● Take out the jack, and wire it according to the manual instructions.
● Place it under your vehicle, and turn on the power source.
● After you complete the work, press the power button again to lower the jack.
If you were very excited to learn how to lower a floor jack, we are quite sure that you are happy with the article information. We also hope that you must be able to learn the use of this tool for your car maintenance. Either you use any kind car jack or some other, now you know how to do it properly. Moreover, some of you are going to face issues, so never panic. Just don’t rush, and call an expert to help you with it.