A CV axle is a constant velocity shaft for transferring the rotating torque to a car's drive wheels. So, it plays an essential role in providing power to car wheels. Keeping in view its importance, you should always look for the best aftermarket CV axles.
Top 3 Picks
Cardone 66-1009 New CV Axle
GSP NCV10248 CV Axle
Detroit Axle - Front CV Axle
For front-wheel-drive car owners, the CV axle is a life savor. However, it's also prone to failure like other car parts. Have you ever imagined the consequences of CV joint failure? Well, you have to spend a heavy amount on its replacement but you can save some bucks if it becomes okay just by CV boot replacement. And the medical bills are another story as its failure can lead to severe road accidents.
So, it's imperative to have the best CV axles for your car. You may ask how you can choose one among various CV joint manufacturers. Well, it's where this guide will help you. Let's start.
Best Aftermarket CV Axles Reviews
We have compiled the features, pros, and cons of some CV joints from different manufacturers after thorough research. Let's dig into aftermarket CV axle reviews to find the best one for you.
1. Cardone 66-1009 New CV Drive Axle Shaft
Cardone brand, is famous for offering the best CV axles in the market. In this Cardone 66-1009 velocity joints, we'll discuss the reasons that make it stand out among its competitors.
Cardone used the Proprietary engineering techniques for enhanced performance. Moreover, this method also aims at meeting the OE performance criteria. When it comes to durability, neoprene boots with bellows are present. These bellows prevent the rubber boot from getting failed due to stress and cracks. So, it's a perfect blend of durability and performance.
Above all, you will get every unit with this axle retaining nut. Thus, you don't have to worry much about its installation.
All the measurement of the axle is validated. Further, the proper rolling of splines is also ensured. Both these features allow the appropriate oem fit into the mating hub. Heat treatment of boot clamps provides an extended seal life.
Cardone select manufactured this CV axle with model number 66-1009. It comes with 6.38 weights and 29.5 x 6.4 x 6.4 inches Dimensions.
● The proprietary engineering method ensures perfect fit, construction, and performance.
● Additional bellows in boots make it cracking and stress-resistant. So, you don't have to experience boot failure.
● Perfectly rolled threads also ensure the perfect fit of the axle in your car.
● High-quality grease ensures the long life.
● The presence of every unit provides a hassle-free installation.
● Easy to install
● Enhanced performance
● Perfect fit for diverse engines
● Poor packaging
2. GSP NCV10248 CV Axle Shaft Assembly
GSP axles can also be a good option for you if you're looking for the CV axles. The design of the GSP NCV10248 model ensures smooth and vibration-free performance. Moreover, it also has OE fit design.
To preserve boot integrity, its silicone boots come with temperature and abrasion resistance technology. Thus, you will get the resistant to the most common cause of CV axle joint failure. Moreover, it also resists friction due to friction-resistant Moly grease. Consequently, your car engine will smoothly, ensuring high performance.
This gsp axle with model number NCV10248 weights 15.75lb. It contains 26 splines inner joint, 27 splints on the outer joint. Moreover, it's about 27-11/16 inches in length when compressed.
It's compatible with selected vehicles, including 2002-09 GMC Envoy, 2002-09 Chevrolet, 2005-09 Saab 9-7X Trailblazer, 2005-08 Isuzu Ascender, and2004-07 Buick Rainier.
● Vibration-free design for enhanced performance of your car.
● Temperature-resistant silicone boots, ensuring their durability.
● Moly grease assembly makes the joints frictionless to make the car run smoothly.
● Anti-lock brakes to ensure control over the steering while braking.
● Corrosion-free and durable shaft
● Moly cv joint grease for a smooth run
● Inbuilt ABS sensors
● Rigid boots
3. Cardone 66-6262 Constant Velocity Drive Axle Shaft
If you're looking for a cheap CV axle by Cardone, the 66-6262 model by them is for you. Its design ensures that it meets all the OE criteria. Either it’s performance, fit or form, it will never disappoint you.
The best thing about it is crack-resistant boots. Actually, its boots have additional bellows that make it stress-free and crack-free. In this way, you get rid of one of the common causes of boot failure.
When it comes to fitting, it has rolled threads to ensure proper fitting. Even pneumatically crimped clamps are also present to ensure a perfect seal. These boot clamps create a seal between the housing and the boot.
Model 66-6262 by Cardone selects weighs 15.72 pounds. Moreover, its dimensions are 29.5x 5 x 5 inches.
● Proprietary engineering process to meet all OE criteria.
● Additional bellows in boots make it shock-free.
● Rolled splines to ensure a perfect fit.
● Straightness verification to ensure vibration-free performance.
● Perfect fit
● Temperature resistant boots
● Faulty measurements
4. ACDelco 22743795 GM Front Half-Shaft Assembly
Is your car’s original CV axle out of order? Are you thinking of replacing it? Well, ACDelco 22743795 is the perfect replacement CV axle recommended by the GM. It aims at transferring your vehicle's power transmission to its wheels.
Moreover, its CV joints at each end allow the articulation in your vehicle's suspension and wheels.
Above all, it's a perfect fit for all GM vehicles. It provides the same durability, same performance, and life for all GM vehicles without discrimination.
This oem axles by ACDelco weighs only 15.06 lb. It comes with cv axle models 22743795 and dimensions 32.1 x 6.4 x 5.5 inches.
● GM-recommended a replacement to provide power to the transmission and wheels.
● CV join articulate your vehicle's wheels and suspensions.
● Perfect fit for all the GM vehicles.
● Enhanced performance and durability to give a high service life to your GM motors.
● High performance
● Perfect fit for GM
● Single driveshaft
5. Cardone 66-1430 New CV Drive Axle Shaft
Are you looking for durable velocity axles for your car? Look no further and go through Cardone CV axle review. The Cardone 66-1430 comes with the desired durability. The reason is bellows present in its boots, making it crack-free. Moreover, these bellows also make it stress-free. Besides, its perfect fit and performance make it OE compatible.
Just imagine the original retaining nut is stripped out or stuck cv axle of your vehicle. And you need to replace it immediately. Then this Cardone is the best cv axle brand for you as you can install it quickly. You will get every unit necessary for its installation.
And above all, you don't have to worry much if this will fit your car or not. The company has validated all its measurements to ensure fitness. Moreover, precisely rolled threads also aim to provide a perfect fit. The perfect fit is ensured further with a perfect seal between the housing and boot.
Cardone Select manufactures this item with a 20lb weight. You can find it with axle models 66-1430.
● Pneumatically crimped boot clamps to offer a perfect seal.
● The design ensures the implementation of the Proprietary engineering processes. It will allow the Drive to meet the OE criterion.
● Easy to install so that you install it quickly whenever you need it.
● Perfect measurements to ensure a perfect fit.
● Washer built-in in the lock nut
● Smooth installation
● Easy to fit
● Inconsistent size
Excellent Detroit axle reviews make it the best CV joints provider in the market. This pair of Detroit axles are also following the same path in excellence.
Its high-quality construction provides excellent spontaneous movement to the engine. However, you need to know the vehicle's compatibility before buying it. If your vehicle is not compatible with it, never buy it.
Rubber seals on the oem parts will not allow the dust to enter into it. Moreover, nuts and splines ensure the perfect fit and easy installation.
Above all, the company makes it temperature resistant to enhance its durability. High lubrication in these oem axles aims at providing a smooth movement. So, both these features will increase the performance of the CV axle brands.
The weight of the Detroit axle is 34.2 lb. It comes with dimensions 31.5 x 4.13 x 8.27 inches with manufacturer part number 113A_AX_150_A.
● High-quality construction for spontaneous engine movement.
● Rubber seals keep your suspension dust-free.
● Axle nuts and splines make the center shaft quality cv easy to install.
● The temperature range resistant is high, hence durable.
● Lifetime warranty for internal components
● Superior lubrication
● No entrance of dirt
● Fitness issues with 2009 GMC Yukon
7. Cardone 66-4064 New CV Axle
The neoprene boots have additional bellows to prevent the CV axle from cracking and stress. Its axle's splines and thread make it easy to install. So, you'll be free from any stress whenever you need to replace a bad joint instantly.
Cardone 66-4060 comes with a 3% higher Moly grease provides high performance. Basically, grease makes it temperature tolerance to give a long life to your CV joint.
Above all, you will see these in stainless steel finish. Actually, these shafts are heat treated to get this finish. Moreover, this new cv axle is straight to resist vibration during a sudden bent.
● Straight design to make it vibration-free
● Additional bellows to make it cracking-free.
● Axles splines and threads for quick installation.
● 3% higher grease for lubrication and providing long life.
● Higher grease for more lubrication
● Vibration-free design
● Fewer bellows than other CV axles
8. SUNROAD Left Front CV Drive Joint Axle Shaft Assembly
Are you looking for a CV axle replacement for the 1998 to 2004 Honda model foreman 450? The Sunroad CV axle provides you with the best replacement option. You can place it on the front left of your vehicle.
Its neoprene boot is of premium grade. As a result, original equipment manufacturers make this velocity joint as free of any abrasion due to temperature.
When it comes to durability, it meets all the OEM specifications. Above all, its design is premium. Solid steel material with precise balancing is the reason for premium design. You can easily drive in any condition due to its vibration-free construction.
In the end, it's a perfect replacement if you want to have the velocity axle with easy installation.
Qp-SUNROAD offers this CV axle with the manufacture part number: DShaft017. It has around 7.13 lb weight and a 24.8 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches dimension.
● Premium grade boots to make it abrasion-free.
● Premium solid steel material to make it vibration-free.
● Easy to install, making it a perfect CV replacement.
● It meets or exceeds OEM specifications.
● Vibration-free design
● Meet or exceed OEM specification
● Too short than described
Best Aftermarket CV Axles : Buying Guides
Are you wondering how to know which one is best? How does CV axle work? Here're some factors that will help you make the right choice.
● Type of Wheel Drive
The first thing to consider is to recognize the wheel drive of your car. The type of driving of your car will ease the process of choosing the best aftermarket axles.
For instance, you need a CV joint if your car uses a front-wheel drive. The front-drive is present primarily in modern vehicles and deal with power and tractions. However, the case is different for four-wheel and rear-wheel-drive cars. You can go for the oem ones or import direct cv axle reviews for them.
You might be wondering how you would know about the type of drive. Well, your car manual is the best source to know such information.
Durability always matters a lot whenever you need to do some shopping. A durable product prevents you from spending money again and again. The same is the case with bodeman cv axle. No doubt, no product is forever. Still, you should search for the one which has the highest life expectancy.
You can get information about the CV axle’s durability from its description. Moreover, customer reviews are the best source to know if it is durable or not.
● Joints Quality
There're two types of joints in the CV axles.
● Internal joints link to the transmission through a mating hub.
● External joints link to the wheel. These joints allow wheels to move freely.
Joint’s quality depends on the threads and splines present at the joint-end. Moreover, races and cages of ball bearing also play a vital role in joints quality.
So, if you want your car to be technically enduring, never forget to have one with quality joints.
● Threads and Splines
Always buy a velocity shaft that has detailed ridges on the axle thread. It fixes the axle nut in place. As a result, the CV axle will never shatter, ensuring continuous power to wheels.
In the same way, your car CV axle should also be best fitted in the mating hub. To make it compatible, the oem axle's spline should have a high teeth count. It's advisable to use a shaft with 32 teeth splines. Such a spline will appropriately fit the tooth axle into the hub. Consequently, you will get a smooth movement.
● ABS Sensor Ring
The critical component of the ABS sensor ring is the anti-lock braking system. It will prevent your car wheels from locking during driving. As a result, there would be no traction collision. Additionally, you'll get more control over the steering.
Do you also own a car with ABS? Well, you need to buy a CV axle with a sensor ring. Otherwise, the ABS would not work.
Just imagine you've bought a CV axle. What do you see, it doesn't best fit your car? All your money is wasted. To avoid this to happen, you must do some research. See if the parts you're considering is compatible with your car model and brand. You can use your car's manual to get this piece of information.
The price factor is always there while buying anything. Sometimes you've to compromise with the product having less feature. It's so because your pocket doesn't allow you to purchase top-notch products. The same is the case here.
While looking for the best replacement for old cv axles, try to find a budget-friendly one with good qualities. You can check the pros and cons of the axle. If the item qualities are justifying its price, go for it. For your kind information, The CV axles market is increasing at CAGR 5.1% and will reach at 39.78 USD Billion by 2027.
Symptoms of broken CV axles:
If you find the below signs, you can understand that the CV axle of your vehicle is broken.
1. Clicking Sound
If you notice a clicking noise while turning your car, it will be due to a damaged CV axle. The sound is relatively high in volume; you will hear the sound continuously as you turn left or right the vehicle. The reason for this loud sound is the worn CV joint. Thus, you should replace the CV joints without any delay with the support of a reliable mechanic.
2. Too much Vibration
If you face excess vibration while driving the car, it may be for the faulty CV axle. If the part is damaged or worn highly, it can cause then shafts to vibrate more. With the increasing speed of your vehicle, the vibration and sound will be raised, which is very dangerous and unsafe for your driving.
3. Grease leakage for a worn CV boot
Rubber CV boots cover CV joints to keep lubricated and protect CV joints from debris and dirt. Due to broken boot, the grease of axle joints leaks, and you will notice leaking grease at tires and wheels end. After driving a few weeks with this condition, you will face more problem with the constant velocity universal joints. We advise 3 percent Molybdenum Disulfide multipurpose grease for constant velocity joints to get better performance. CV boot replacement is easier and less costly than the replacement CV axles. Thus, replace the torn boot as soon as possible after noticing the issue.
Causes of Broken CV axle
CV axles are the center shaft that drives the wheel of a car. It is the essential parts for the smooth driving of your vehicle. If it is damaged for any reason, it will be risky for your safe drive. It is better to know the reasons for breaking shafts. We have shared the causes of the damaged items below:
1. Driving Style
If the driving technique is not better or you are a new driver who brakes or frequently stops while driving the car at higher speed, the axle parts will be damaged gradually.
2. Metal Fatigue
Due to inadequate heat treatment of axle shaft while producing the CV joints, the particular parts may become more brittle than usual. The forged treatment requires the axle shaft to ensure its flexibility. It will be damaged if it gets more stress during driving.
3. Overloaded Vehicle
Due to overload for carrying much weight and more passengers in a vehicle, it may result broken CV axle. The product may not be able to withstand the stress of heavy load carrying.
4. Poor Road conditions
Too many bumps and holes on the road is one of the causes for the damaged inner axle. The driven car gets more stress for the bad road conditions, and the items are being damaged day by day.
How to move a car with broken CV axle?
You may notice power loss on one wheel during driving with the damaged joint splines due to a particular CV axle fault. You may also experience turning in one direction of the car only while driving, which can cause the accident for losing driving control. Thus, you need to take support to tow the vehicle as you cannot move it. Take your car to a reliable garage with the help of towing vehicle and change the broken item.
How to replace broken CV joint axles?
1. Disconnect the car battery, jack up the vehicle and use piercing oil to loosen the rusted nuts and bolts.
2. Remove brake lines or other suspension system parts as required to work smoothly.
3. Take out shock top mounts for easy movement of the axle shaft.
4. Loose and take away the mounting bolts as well as keep those in a safe place.
5. Isolate the axle from the tire wheel and remain alert to avoid damaging oil seals.
6. If axle oil seals, Anti-lock brake system ring or transmission seal are damaged, replace them immediately.
7. Replace the old axles with the excellent brand CV shaft and set them firmly at their place.
8. Do the specified torque handling on the bolts of the outer joints axle and reassemble all the parts that was removed during replacing.
9. Check the vehicle axle movement after replacement and go for the long drive test.
FAQ's of the best aftermarket axles
1. How many miles do the best aftermarket cv axles last?
The best CV axles come with a powertrain warranty. The warranty shows that the gsp ncv10232 axle would last for at least five years. Moreover, this warranty also ensures almost 55,000 to 60,000 miles traveling before it expires. However, the number of miles may vary for different CV axles. You can check your product warranty brochure to know how long it will last.
2. Is a bad CV axle dangerous?
Some harmful effects of the CV axle are:
● A bad CV axle makes the car crumble, making it unsafe for driving. You may lose control of the vehicle. Consequently, you may have to experience a terrible accident.
● If the velocity joints fail, your car will not be able to move. Moreover, the cv axle failure during driving may lead to a fatal accident.
3. Which axle is very expensive and stronger?
If you're looking for the best replacement parts, The kingpin style one is good to go. However, it's expensive and heavy in your pocket. High-Pinion Dana 60 is also one of the kingpin-style CV axles. It provides unbelievable aftermarket support.
4. Should I replace the best CV axles in pairs?
No, it's not necessary to replace the velocity axles in pair. You should replace only the part that is faulty. Among the various market axle, you can choose which is compatible with your vehicle. You need to choose the oem replacement which will fit your vehicle, otherwise it may create knocking noise during driving. After replacing, use molybdenum grease properly to avoid extra sound.
5. What is the difference between a CV joint and a CV axle?
CV joints and CV axle are different from each other. There are two joints in the axles. CV joints are present in the front wheel cars. These joints allow the drive shaft to move through a specific angle while steering. On the other hand, the CV axle transfers power in a straight line to the wheels.
6. Are Cardone axles any good?
Have you decided to purchase Cardone CV axles? It is one of the best oem axles in the market. It can last up to 60,000 kilometers without any hassle if you find the right one.
7. How do I know if my CV axle is bad?
While turning your car, if you hear clicking sound, it is one of the symbols of bad CV axle. Besides, vibration during driving also indicates the off-road u joint.
8. How much does it cost to replace a CV axle?
The average cost of the new CV axle replacement is between 800 to 1000 USD but if you go for aftermarket ones, you will need 200 to 300 USD and the mechanic cost may vary from 100 to 200 USD.
9. What are the differences with aftermarket vs oem cv axles?
The structure difference between axles is highly noticeable. Aftermarkets parts use solid shafts but OEM use hollow ones. Thus the torque transfer is not same for both. Due to high quality, OEM ones are highly expensive than replacement parts. If the axle's design match with your car models, our suggestion is to go for aftermarket axles with cheaper price.
Having one of the best aftermarket cv axles can make your driving experience exciting. Among various products in the market, it may be difficult for you to choose the best. While buying the parts, make sure you're buying from the best CV axle brand. This review article will help you in selecting the oem fit for your vehicle. Don't forget to see the durability and quality of the aftermarket CV axles during the buying process.