8 Best Aftermarket CV Axles [Reviews and Buying Guides]
A CV axle is a constant velocity shaft for transferring the rotating torque to a car's drive wheels. So, it plays an essential role in providing power to car wheels. Keeping in view its importance, you should always look for the best aftermarket CV axles.
For front-wheel-drive car owners, the CV axle is a life savor. However, it's also prone to failure like other car parts. Have you ever imagined the consequences of CV joint failure? Well, you have to spend a heavy amount on its replacement but you can save some bucks if it becomes okay just by CV boot replacement. And the medical bills are another story as its failure can lead to severe road accidents.
So, it's imperative to have the best CV axles for your car. You may ask how you can choose one among various CV joint manufacturers. Well, it's where this guide will help you. Let's start.
Best Aftermarket CV Axles Reviews
We have compiled the features, pros, and cons of some CV joints from different manufacturers after thorough research. Let's dig into aftermarket CV axles reviews to find the best one for you.
1. Cardone 66-1009 New CV Drive Axle Shaft
Cardone, a CV axle brand, is famous for offering the best CV axles in the market. In this Cardone 66-1009 CV axle review, we'll discuss the reasons that make it stand out among its competitors.
Cardone used the Proprietary method of engineering for enhanced performance. Moreover, this method also aims at meeting the OE performance criteria. When it comes to durability, neoprene boots with bellows are present. These bellows prevent the boot from getting failed due to stress and cracks. So, it's a perfect blend of durability and performance.
Above all, you will get every unit with this axle retaining nut. Thus, you don't have to worry much about its installation.
All the measurement of the axle is validated. Further, the proper rolling of splines is also ensured. Both these features allow the appropriate fit of CV axle into the mating hub. Heat treatment of boot clamps provides an extended seal life.
Cardone select manufactured this CV axle with model number 66-1009. It comes with 6.38 weights and 29.5 x 6.4 x 6.4 inches Dimensions.
● The proprietary engineering method ensures perfect fit, construction, and performance.
● Additional bellows in boots make it cracking and stress-resistant. So, you don't have to experience boot failure.
● Perfectly rolled threads also ensure the perfect fit of the axle in your car.
● High-quality grease ensures the long life of the axle.
● The presence of every unit provides a hassle-free installation.
● Easy to install
● Enhanced performance
● Perfect fit for diverse engines
● Poor packaging
2. GSP NCV10248 CV Axle Shaft Assembly
GSP axles can also be a good option for you if you're looking for CV axles. The design of the GSP NCV10248 model ensures smooth and vibration-free performance. Moreover, it also has OE fit design.
To preserve boots integrity, its boots come with temperature and abrasion resistance technology. Thus, you will get an axle resistant to the most common cause of CV axle failure. Moreover, it also resists friction due to friction-resistant Moly grease. Consequently, your car engine will smoothly, ensuring high performance.
This GSP axle with model number NCV10248 weights 15.75lb. It contains 26 splines inner joint, 27 splints on the outer joint. Moreover, it's about 27-11/16 inches in length when compressed.
It's compatible with selected vehicles, including 2002-09 GMC Envoy, 2002-09 Chevrolet, 2005-09 Saab 9-7X Trailblazer, 2005-08 Isuzu Ascender, and2004-07 Buick Rainier.
● Vibration-free design for enhanced performance of your car.
● Temperature-resistant boots, ensuring their durability.
● Moly grease makes the axle frictionless to make the car run smoothly.
● Anti-lock brakes to ensure control over the steering while braking.
● Corrosion-free and durable shaft
● Moly grease for a smooth run
● Inbuilt ABS sensors
● Rigid boots
3. Cardone 66-6262 Constant Velocity Drive Axle Shaft
If you're looking for a cheap CV axle by Cardone, the 66-6262 model by them is for you. Its design ensures that it meets all the OE criteria. Either it’s performance, fit or form, it will never disappoint you.
The best thing about it is crack-resistant boots. Actually, its boots have additional bellows that make it stress-free and crack-free. In this way, you get rid of one of the common causes of boot failure.
When it comes to fitting, it has rolled threads to ensure proper fitting. Even pneumatically crimped clamps are also present to ensure a perfect seal. These boot clamps create a seal between the housing and the boot.
CV axle model 66-6262 by Cardone selects weighs 15.72 pounds. Moreover, its dimensions are 29.5x 5 x 5 inches.
● Proprietary engineering process to meet all OE criteria.
● Additional bellows in boots make it shock-free.
● Rolled splines to ensure a perfect fit.
● Straightness verification to ensure vibration-free performance.
● Perfect fit
● Temperature resistant boots
● Faulty measurements
4. ACDelco 22789359 GM Front Half-Shaft Assembly
Is your car’s original CV axle out of order? Are you thinking of replacing it? Well, ACDelco 22789359 is the perfect replacement CV axle recommended by the GM. It aims at transferring your vehicle's transmission to its wheels.
Moreover, its CV joints at each end allow the articulation in your vehicle's suspension and wheels.
Above all, it's a perfect fit for all GM vehicles. It provides the same durability, same performance, and life for all GM vehicles without discrimination.
This CV axle by ACDelco weighs only 18.72 lb. It comes with model number 22789359 and dimensions 26.2 x 6.8 x 7.3 inches.
● GM-recommended a replacement to provide power to the transmission and wheels.
● CV join articulate your vehicle's wheels and suspensions.
● Perfect fit for all the GM vehicles.
● Enhanced performance and durability to give a high service life to your GM motors.
● High performance
● Perfect fit for GM
● Single driveshaft
5. Cardone 66-1430 New CV Drive Axle Shaft
Are you l6ooking for durable CV axles for your car? Look no further. The Cardone 66-1430 comes with the desired durability. The reason is bellows present in its boots, making it crack-free. Moreover, these bellows also make it stress-free. Besides, its perfect fit and performance make it OE compatible.
Just imagine the original retaining nut is stripped out. And you need to replace it immediately. Then this Cardone CV axle is best for you as you can install it quickly. You will get every unit necessary for its installation.
And above all, you don't have to worry much if this will fit your car or not. The company has validated all its measurements to ensure fitness. Moreover, precisely rolled threads also aim to provide a perfect fit. The perfect fit is ensured further with a perfect seal between the housing and boot.
Cardone Select manufactures this CV axle with a 20lb weight. You can find it with model number 66-1430.
● Pneumatically crimped boot clamps to offer a perfect seal.
● The design ensures the implementation of the Proprietary engineering processes. It will allow the CV Drive axles to meet the OE criterion.
● Easy to install so that you install it quickly whenever you need it.
● Perfect measurements to ensure a perfect fit.
● Washer built-in in the lock nut
● Smooth installation
● Easy to fit
● Inconsistent size
6. Detroit Axle - Pair Front CV Axle Drive Shafts Assembly
Excellent Detroit axle reviews make it the best CV axle provider in the market. This pair of Detroit axles are also following the same path in excellence.
Its high-quality construction provides excellent spontaneous movement to the engine. However, you need to know the vehicle's compatibility before buying it. If your vehicle is not compatible with it, never buy it.
Rubber seals on the CV axle will not allow the dust to enter into it. Moreover, axle nuts and splines ensure the perfect fit and easy installation.
Above all, the company makes it temperature resistant to enhance its durability. High lubrication in these CV axles aims at providing a smooth movement. So, both these features will increase the performance of the CV axles.
The weight of the Detroit axle is 34.2 lb. It comes with dimensions 31.5 x 4.13 x 8.27 inches with manufacturer part number 113A_AX_150_A.
● High-quality construction for spontaneous engine movement.
● Rubber seals keep your CV axle dust-free.
● Axle nuts and splines make the CV axle easy to install.
● It’s temperature resistant, hence durable.
● Lifetime warranty for internal components
● Superior lubrication
● No entrance of dirt
● Fitness issues with 2009 GMC Yukon
7. Cardone 66-4064 New CV Axle
The neoprene boots have additional bellows to prevent the CV axle from cracking and stress. Its axle's splines and thread make it easy to install. So, you'll be free from any stress whenever you need to replace a bad CV joint instantly.
Cardone 66-4060 comes with a 3% higher Moly grease provides high performance. Basically, grease makes it temperature resistant to give a long life to your CV joint.
Above all, you will see these axles in stainless steel finish. Actually, these shafts are heat treated to get this finish. Moreover, this CV axle is straight to resist vibration during a sudden bent.
● Straight design to make it vibration-free
● Additional bellows to make it cracking-free.
● Axles splines and threads for quick installation.
● 3% higher grease for lubrication and providing long life.
● Higher grease for more lubrication
● Vibration-free design
● Fewer bellows than other CV axles
8. SUNROAD Left Front CV Drive Joint Axle Shaft Assembly
Are you looking for a CV axle replacement for the 1998 to 2004 Honda model foreman 450? The Sunroad CV axle provides you with the best replacement option. You can place it on the front left of your vehicle.
Its neoprene boots are of premium grade. As a result, your CV axle will be free of any abrasion due to temperature.
When it comes to durability, it meets all the OEM specifications. Above all, its design is premium. Solid steel material with precise balancing is the reason for premium design. You can easily drive in any condition due to its vibration-free construction.
In the end, it's a perfect replacement if you want to have the CV axle with easy installation.
Qp-SUNROAD offers this CV axle with the manufacture part number: DShaft017. It has around 7.13 lb weight and a 24.8 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches dimension.
● Premium grade boots to make it abrasion-free.
● Premium solid steel material to make it vibration-free.
● Easy to install, making it a perfect CV axle replacement.
● It meets or exceeds OEM specifications.
● Vibration-free design
● Meet or exceed OEM specification
● Too short than described
Best Aftermarket CV Axles : Buying Guides
Are you wondering how to know which CV axle is best? How does CV axle work? Here're some factors that will help you make the right choice.
● Type of Wheel Drive
The first thing to consider is to recognize the wheel drive of your car. The type of wheel drive of your car will ease the process of choosing the best aftermarket cv axles.
For instance, you need a CV joint if your car uses a front-wheel drive. The front-drive is present primarily in modern vehicles and deal with power and tractions. However, the case is different for four-wheel and rear-wheel-drive cars. You can go for the aftermarket CV axle for them.
You might be wondering how you would know about the type of wheel drive. Well, your car manual is the best source to know such information.
Durability always matters a lot whenever you need to do some shopping. A durable product prevents you from spending money again and again. The same is the case with CV axles. No doubt, no axle is forever. Still, you should search for the one which has the highest life expectancy.
You can get information about the CV axle’s durability from its description. Moreover, customer reviews are the best source to know if the axle is durable or not.
● Joints Quality
There're two types of joints in the CV axles.
● Internal joints link to the transmission through a mating hub.
● External joints link to the wheel. These joints allow wheels to move freely.
Joint’s quality depends on the threads and splines present at the joint-end. Moreover, races and cages of bearing also play a vital role in joints quality.
So, if you want your car to be technically endurant, never forget to have a CV axle with quality joints.
● Threads and Splines
Always buy a CV axle that has detailed ridges on the thread. It fixes the axle nut in place. As a result, the CV axle will never shatter, ensuring continuous power to wheels.
In the same way, your car CV axle should also be best fitted in the mating hub. To make it compatible, the CV axle's spline should have a high tooth count. It's advisable to use an axle with 32 tooth splines. Such a spline will appropriately fit the tooth axle into the hub. Consequently, you will get a smooth movement.
● ABS Sensor Ring
The critical component of the ABS sensor ring is the anti-lock braking system. It will prevent your car wheels from locking during driving. As a result, there would be no traction collision. Additionally, you'll get more control over the steering.
Do you also own a car with ABS? Well, you need to buy a CV axle with a sensor ring. Otherwise, the ABS would not work.
Just imagine you've bought a CV axle. What do you see, it doesn't best fit your car? All your money is wasted. To avoid this to happen, you must do some research. See if the CV axle you're considering is compatible with your car model and brand. You can use your car's manual to get this piece of information.
The price factor is always there while buying anything. Sometimes you've to compromise with the product having less feature. It's so because your pocket doesn't allow you to purchase top-notch products. The same is the case here.
While looking for the best replacement for old cv axles, try to find a budget-friendly axle with good qualities. You can check the pros and cons of the axle. If the axle qualities are justifying its price, go for it. For your kind information, The CV axles market is increasing at CAGR 5.1% and will reach at 39.78 USD Billion by 2027.
FAQ's of the best aftermarket cv axles
1. How many miles do the best aftermarket cv axles last?
The best CV axles come with a powertrain warranty. The warranty shows that the CV axle would last for at least five years. Moreover, this warranty also ensures 60,000 miles traveling before it expires. However, the number of miles may vary for different CV axles. You can check your CV axle's warranty brochure to know how long it will last.
2. Is a bad CV axle dangerous?
Some harmful effects of the CV axle are:
● A bad CV axle makes the car crumble, making it unsafe for driving. You may lose control of the vehicle. Consequently, you may have to experience a terrible accident.
● If the CV axle fails, your car will not be able to move. Moreover, the failure of the CV axle during driving may lead to a fatal accident.
3. Which axle is very expensive and stronger?
If you're looking for the best aftermarket CV axles, The kingpin style axle is good to go. However, it's expensive and heavy in your pocket. High-Pinion Dana 60 is also one of the kingpin-style CV axles. It provides unbelievable aftermarket support.
4. Should I replace the best CV axles in pairs?
No, it's not necessary to replace the CV axles in pair. You should replace only that axle that is faulty. Among the various aftermarket CV axles available in the market, you can choose which is compatible with your vehicle.
5. What is the difference between a CV joint and a CV axle?
CV joints and CV axle are different from each other. There are two CV joints in a CV axle. CV joints are present in the front wheel cars. These joints allow the drive shaft to move through a specific angle while steering. On the other hand, the CV axle transfers power in a straight line to the wheels.
Having one of the best aftermarket cv axles can make your driving experience exciting. Among various cv axles in the market, it may be difficult for you to choose the best. While buying a CV axle, make sure you're buying from the best CV axle brand. This review article will help you in selecting the best cv axles for your vehicle. Don't forget to see the durability and quality of the aftermarket CV axles during the buying process.