With so many different types of struts available on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are the best shocks for your Honda. But don't worry, we've got you covered. In this blog post, we'll show some of the best struts for Honda Accord models based on our findings and customer feedback.
Best Struts for Honda Accord Review
KYB 341257 gas strut is made with maximum controlling ability and comfort and stopping preciseness. It makes sure no critical damage will occur as you ride. They'll keep our Accords safe and sound for you and your loved ones.
They are gas struts, which means they contain both oil and gas. This is a great feature since you can be confident that the movements of the shock will be wonderfully mitigated. Furthermore, Honda accord struts may be re-gassed if their gaskets are not broken. You may use these sorts of shock absorbers at their fullest potential.
Model: Excel-G OEM
Item weight: 3.4 pounds
Country of Origin: Japan
Item model number: 341257
- The damping valves benefit significantly from the calibration matching for the best results.
- The inner steel tubes of the cylinders are seamlessly intact with a seal.
- The cylinders employ a Teflon layered (PTFE) piston band, last forever.
- The Excel-G Gas Strut utilizes the advanced Electronic Stability Control. A much-prepared system like that aids in stopping the tires on time and reducing risks.
- The stability with this model is optimum for the housing consisting of customized damping valves.
● Gas Variant (gas and oil)
● Teflon layered
● OEM design
● Complicated installation
MOSTPLUS Full Coilover Strut has kept its word with a profound range of OEM replacement parts that serve high performance. The damping is handled by the coil that wraps near the cylinder in some models, making them Coilovers. Accuracy and smoothness, even on uneven routes, are provided by them.
You may be sure that the pillow ball-style top mountings are long-lasting. Suspension and damping will be much more accurate with a pillow-ball top mount.
Item Weight: 48.4 pounds
Package Dimensions: 25.9 x 18.11 x 7.87 inches
- The Pillow ball top mount is designed to counter background and system sound during calibration.
- The inserts available save the damper from damage. This feature makes MOSTPLUS the best shocks for the money due to its longer lifespan.
- Highly flexible springs at a performing rate of 0.04% are available with the advanced rendering with the evidence pursuing tests.
- The surface is made especially for the user to get the most out of the honda accord shocks with its durability and high rendering quality.
- The Coilovers make satisfactory Honda OEM struts owing to their high traction and comfort.
● Easy to Install
● Great handling
● Shocks are Durable
● Non-adjustable damper
Being a well-reputed retailer, Detroit Axle Rear Strut distributes the aftermarket shocks with coil springs, provides the best performance ever. The coil springs have wiggly ends at their bars, which will make adjusting more freeing.
This shocks will be the best fit for Honda Accord model 2008 to 2012. What most riders like about these rear struts is their pre-loaded package. Detroit doesn’t give any trouble when they are such experts.
Manufacturer: Detroit Axle
Item Weight: 19 pounds
Product Dimensions: 40 x 20 x 40 inches
- The OEM design is applicable for Honda Accord so no replacement will be necessary.
- The piston band has a tight seal with a Teflon coating which ensures a long strut life with temperature and chemicals resistance.
- The cylinders that make up most of the fuselage allow you to have full authority over your bike with its twin tubes and damping valves.
- The central part of the shock absorbers, the cylinder, works as brakes. The cylinders stop the tires efficiently and drift more stably.
- The accord struts here can carry both gas and oil, calling for the title of a gas variant.
● (Both Oil and Gas) Gas variant
● Offers OEM design
● Tricky installation
KYB SR4076 strut-plus is the best strut assembly. It is equipped with premium design and the most advanced engineering technology trending right now. Vehicle-specific, original equipment control, and handling are best achieved with this Strut-Plus replacement shocks assembly.
When it comes of the Strut-Plus, KYB does not skimp on quality or use a one-size-fits-generalized strategy. When it comes about performance, this manufacturer produces edged component numbers that you may aid in recreating intended performance for a wide range of engine sizes as well as vehicle weights.
Model: Strut Plus
Item Weight: 8 pounds
Item model number: SR4076
- KYB shock absorbers are always the best struts for the money since they are designed with OEM.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) stop any vehicle fast while lowering the irregular period.
- ESC gives the honda accord front struts ultimate precision with the correct speed and control owing of the tensile force it serves specific areas that need its attention.
- The jolt bumper makes the honda accord shocks low impact. This way, this doesn’t have blown up from a sudden rush of energy.
- The chrome bar doesn’t damage quickly as the boot is there for saving its face.
● ESC and ABS system
● Precise handling
● Dust boot is flawed
You don’t want ECCPP Coilover Suspension Struts or their premium adjustability and design in a million years. This brand is an excellent match for the 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007 model Honda Accord. It's best to have them fitted by an expert. There is, however, a step-by-step guide included in the box.
Model: Coilover Struts
Item Weight: 49.3 pounds
Product Dimensions: 29.92 x 17.91 x 8.27 inches
- The lower mounts, high ride, chamber plate, and even the spring tension makes you feel like it was made according to your convenience.
- If you are considering changing all the car's shock absorber, the ECCPP has good news. It comes with all four of them.
- For optimum control and corner, this model has employed the metal tower.
- This specific spring can damp quite well, especially for a Honda, without stiffening or thawing out.
- This strut absorbs shock like a boss, and you will notice the effects, especially on rough roads.
● The whole package (4 shocks with equipment)
● Adaptable ride height
● ISO certified
● Long lasting
● Too much bounce
If you have an aged Honda Accord, ZYauto Coilovers Strut is the best option. Your 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2002 model Accord will drive like new again with these shocks. In addition, this metal is there for protecting structures from collapsing in the first place. However, there's more to come! Because aluminum is a lot lighter than other metals, you can be sure that your suspension system will be also lighter.
Item Weight: 54.9 pounds
Package Dimensions: 28 x 21 x 9 inches
Position: Rear, Front
- There are several 6061 aluminum components with T6 strength added.
- There are two metal wretches and two rear and front strut pairs.
- You may choose the ride elevation to suit the size of your vehicle.
- These honda struts are made even more resilient by a surface treatment that reduces spring deformation at a smaller amount of 0.04 percent.
- The ride height can be customized for every rider for aiding in max comfort.
● Negligible spring laxation
● Adaptable ride height
● Installed spring tension
● No education guide
Detroit Axle Front Rear Struts! But this time, the package is a little less installed. That means you need do the installation all independently, but you get a manual for it. You don't have to do anything more than open the package and put them in your vehicle. There are SAE-graded nuts and bolts on the upper strut mounts.
The shocks manufactured by this brand are some of the finest in the industry. Honda Accord 1998-2002 model years are the only ones that will fit. There are no restrictions on what you can get in this bargain. The shock absorbers come in a set of 4 or even simply two. It's possible to obtain it even if you don't have the necessary equipment.
Manufacturer: Detroit Axle
Item Weight: 61 pounds
Product Dimensions: 29 x 14 x 7 inches
- The brand has included everything you need replace your strut in this pre-assembled set.
- In addition of improving corrosion and oxidation resistance, you can apply the electrophoretic coating. Each Strut has passed a series of rigorous tests.
- When reducing body shake and enhancing handling, each coil spring is intended of restoring the vehicle's ride height and support the vehicle's weight.
- Parts from Detroit Axle are OE-manufactured and satisfy the highest fit, shape, and function standards.
- Your Accord's piston has been strengthened with extensive thermal treatment, increasing overall reliability.
● Rubber boot
● SAE standard nut-bolts
● Quick Delivery
● Unattached spring tension
When you are looking the best aftermarket struts for Honda, there are a few things you should keep in mind. The most important thing is to make sure that you are getting a shock absorber that is made for your specific model year of Accord. Not all options will fit all models, so you should get the right ones. You can check these features when buying best shocks for the money.
There are three main types.
Each type of strut has its own benefits and drawbacks. You should understand the differences among struts, shocks and coilovers. Such as, pneumatic struts are the most common type and are easy to find. However, they can be unreliable and may not last as long as other types of shocks. Coilover ones are more expensive, but they offer a better ride and are more durable than other types. Gas struts are the most expensive type of those, but they offer the best ride quality and are very durable.
Ensure that the shocks you buy will fit your car. Not all absorbers are made for all cars, so you must get the correct ones. You can check the fitment by checking the manufacturer's website or by checking the car's manual. Also, be sure to check the dimensions of the struts to exact fit in your car.
The price of shocks can vary depending on the type of strut, the brand, and the retailer. Pneumatic struts are usually the cheapest option, while coilovers and gas shocks can be more expensive. Compare prices from different retailers to make sure you are getting the best deal. Furthermore, be sure to check for sales or discounts that can help you save money on your purchase.
Installing struts can be a challenging and time-consuming task. If you are not experienced with installing shocks, it is best, a professional do it. However, if you are experienced with installing those, you can do it yourself. Follow the instructions carefully and use the proper tools to avoid damaging the shocks or your car.
Most manufacturers offer a warranty on their shocks. Check the warranty before buying to ensure you are covered in case of any problems. Furthermore, keep your receipts and documentation in case you need the warranty.
Struts are designed for lasting long time, but they can eventually wear out. But, check the shocks periodically to ensure they are in good condition. Also, replace the absorbers when they show signs of wear.
When buying struts, it is essential, they are compatible with your car. Not all shocks will fit all cars. You can check compatibility by checking the manufacturer's website or by checking the car's manual. Also, be sure to check the dimensions of the struts to well fit in your car.
Here are some of the most common questions people have about the topic.
Shocks can last anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 miles, but this varies depending on the type of strut and the driving conditions. Because of this, check the shock absorber periodically and replace them when they start showing signs of wear.
There are many different manufacturers of shocks, but some of the most popular ones include KYB, Detroit Axle, and Monroe.
Most cars have strut and shocks, but there are a few exceptions. If you are not sure whether your vehicle has shock absorber, you can check the car's manual or contact the manufacturer.
OEM struts are made by the same company that made your car, so they should fit perfectly and work well. However, they can be more expensive than aftermarket shocks.
From our point of view KYB 341257 Excel-G Gas is one of the best struts for Honda Accord as it is easy to install, comes with a warranty and is very durable. Detroit Axle is also a good option as it is OE-manufactured, comes with all the necessary hardware and has a fast delivery.
But decide by considering all the specifications and by keeping in mind your vehicle type, year and requirements. Also, it is vital for getting the correct shock absorber in your vehicle as installing the wrong ones can damage your car and void the warranty.