Best Replacement Shocks for Ford Ranger- Reviews & Buying Guide
Shock absorbers are mechanical devices that are used to convert kinetic energy into heat energy. This energy is then dissipated from the system. It is a must item for a safe, comfortable, and smooth drive. By using them, the car tires remain connected with the road. This provides proper control over the steering, thus no compromise over the ride comfort. We can understand why the best replacement shocks for Ford Ranger and all other types of vehicles in the world are so highlighted. It is because of this crucial item in these vehicles that you should never ignore the importance of the best shock absorber.
Here we have a list of 10 shock absorbers that are considered as best shocks all over the world. Let us learn about them in detail.
Best Replacement Shocks for Ford Ranger
The Bilstein 24-188258 rear shock for Ford Ranger 4WD shows a very good stability level under routine and special situations. The higher pressure of a gas in them and improved grip makes it quite comfortable to use. This is why they are considered as smoothest riding shocks for Ford Ranger.
The manufacturer Bilstein came up with the Bilstein model that weighs just 5 pounds. Its item model number and manufacturer part number is 24188258 while the OEM number is FORD L5418080. This model works with multiple vehicles.
Features of Bilstein 24-188258 Rear Shock for Ford Ranger 4WD include:
● Bilstein 24-188258 rear shock uses monotube gas pressure technology.
● The rubber bushings are vulcanized with neoprene, thus making it durable.
● The product is made with steel and the exterior is covered with paint.
● It has a 46-millimeter piston size, and a 12-millimeter eye.
● The product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- You will get better expansion.
- These are the best off-road shocks.
- Improved capacity to carry suspension.
- For Ford Ranger light trucks, these shocks allow controlled movement.
- Much better traction and steering feel during the ride.
- Quality might degrade after 12 months.
Gabriel manufacturers are recognized all over the world. Millions of people like to use their 49223 Hijacker due to its reliability, best performance, and durability. The kind of quality ride and confidence that this product gives to vehicle owners is unmatched. It is exceeding in quality from its competitors for a long time,
The Gabriel brand introduced its model Hijacker that weighs 10 pounds. With 19.5 x 6.63 x 4.13 inches dimensions, this product comes with a painted exterior body. The manufacturer part number and item model number are49223. Its cover includes two Shocks, two Nuts, two Clamps, two-ring Packing, one Cap, one Valve Core, six Clips, one Washers, one Seal, two Tub.
The features of Gabriel 49223 Hijacker include:
● Per pair, the leveling capacity of Gabriel 49223 Hijacker is around 1100 pounds.
● The Gabriel 49223 Hijacker is air-adjustable.
● On heavy loads, these car shocks prove to be best for the pulling vehicle.
● The bottoming out issue is completely resolved with this product.
- No hydraulic pressure issues.
- Ideal product for short-term heavy loads.
- Provide customizable performance.
- Improves handling and control.
- smooth driving feel during the ride
- Does not increase payload.
Car enthusiasts know Belltech company for its amazing shock absorbers all over the world. At one point, it became the most relied on option for almost every type of vehicle owner. To design and tune Belltech 8000 Nitro Drop 2 shock absorber, the whole team and a group of engineers work very hard for many years. For sport trucks, muscle cars, and jeeps, this shock absorber proves to be the best option.
Belltech manufacture and the brand owner started the Belltech 8000 Nitro Drop, 2 models. The OEM part number and manufacturer part number are the same as the model of this product. It is just 3.6 pounds in weight.
Features of Belltech 8000 Nitro Drop 2 shock absorber include:
● Valves of Belltech 8000 Nitro Drop 2 shock absorber is value-oriented.
● This product is powered by nitrogen gas, and have high pressure.
● Control of the vehicle is possible because of the OEM quality of the ride.
● It has metal dust boots that allow comfortable operations.
- This shock absorber is free from cavitation.
- The design is value-oriented.
- Fitness for every vehicle is guaranteed.
- Extremely durable product due to the metal exterior.
- Might not fit into the lower frame hole of some vehicles.
Rancho is offering the best product for your stock. It is a nine-level performance product with a metallic outer body, protective boots, and gas-charged. It is used as the best replacement shocks for Ford Ranger. You can tune your vehicle with Rancho RS999254 RS9000XL series shock to get a smooth, comfortable, and controlled ride. All you need to do is to select the model that is best suitable for the kind of application that you require.
The Rancho brand manufacturers are offering this product that weighs 9 pounds. Its item model number, manufacture part number, and OEM part number isRS999254. The exterior body is painted completely. The product is continued by the manufacturer till now.
Features of Rancho RS999254 RS9000XL series shock include:
● The diameter of its body is 70-millimeter.
● The tuning technology of Rancho RS999254 RS9000XL series shock is 9-position.
● It is charged with nitrogen gas.
● The outer body has a metallic finish with an 18-millimeter Nitro Carb rod.
- Best off-road performance.
- The gas charging allows optimized performance.
- Ability to offer performance as required by the vehicle.
- Overall, quite strong and durable
- This item can be shipped only within the USA.
The BIELSTEIN manufacturers have designed multiple BILSTEIN front and rear shocks that are available in the market. Even on bumpy roads, you can enjoy a smooth ride because this product is can absorb all vibrations. It is good for use in trucks and jeeps. With very long life, BILSTEIN front and rear shocks provide the best performance till the end.
The BILSTEIN manufacturers along with Southwest Speed brand designed the Bilstein model of front and rear shocks. The exterior is quite smooth, and there is no folding. The manufacturer part number, OEM part number, and Hollander Number is 24-186674_185981.
Features of BILSTEIN front and rear shocks include:
● The BILSTEIN front and rear shocks have dampers that help vehicle movement on all types of bumpy roads.
● Compared to conventional options, it offers better control with its 4600 series.
● Designed to maintain command at all times.
● BILSTEIN front and rear shocks are made specifically to improve the performance and handling of trucks.
- Serves for a very long time due to the durability of the exterior structure.
- Best shock absorbers for a smooth ride.
- Even in the case of large diameters, the control is quite good.
- Presence of a high-flow piston limits roughness.
- Quality might decrease after one-year of time.
Introducing the new shock absorber that is best for light trucks. Monroe 58643 MONROE load adjust shock absorber product saves you money with its high-quality and durability. It provides a super smooth ride with its ability to handle heavyweights, and to adjust quickly with road changes. In the case of hauling, this product uses its calibrated springs that maintain the comfort of the ride. By using this product, one can easily control ride height with around 1,100 pounds. Also, with these specifications, it can prove to best as Ford Ranger shock.
Monroe Brand is offering 58643 MONROE Loads Adjust Shock Absorber that weighs 11.02 pounds with a dimension range of 25.5 x 7.2 x 3.7 inches.
Features of 58643 MONROE Loads Adjust Shock Absorber include:
● Monroe 58643 MONROE load adjust shock absorber can handle the weight and load quite effectively.
● You can enjoy stability in your ride with special modifiers and self-lubrication features that suppress friction.
● The stunning addition of ASD technology with innovative valving that adjusts with road extremes to allow a better ride experience.
● This load adjusts shock absorber has fluentluon band that seals piston and pressure tubes that allow better control.
- Adjust easily to changing roads.
- Offering better control while maintaining ride comfort.
- Contains heavy gauge spring reduce ride harshness.
- Best for vehicles that carry different loads.
- Due to resistance in the coil springs, 2nd Jack may require.
Coming from an international manufacturing company, the Skyjacker, this best shock absorber is allowing smooth driving. This product can reduce pressure on rough roads. With velocity-sensitive valving, the absorber is able to maintain the stability and comfort of the ride. The Ford Ranger shock upgrade with this item helps the driver have a better experience than ever before.
Skyjackerbrand is offering Skyjacker H7060 Softride Hydro Shock Absorber that weighs 6.6 pounds with a dimension range of 24 x 3 x 3 inches. The exterior of this shock absorber is quite smooth. Its model is H7000 Hydro with model number H7060. The manufacturer part number and the OEM part number are the same as the model number.
Features of Skyjacker H7060 Softride Hydro Shock Absorber include:
● Valving is very sensitive in this type of shock absorber.
● The construction of the absorber is in the form of a twin-tube.
● At its terminal end, there is polyurethane bushing.
- Prevents fluid foaming.
- Reduce roughness, and noise in everyday ride.
- Eliminated the need for polished piston.
- Eliminated the need for polished piston.
- Maintenance cost is little bit high.
Since 1985, the shock absorbers manufactured by Rancho are the first choice of people and mostly used as the best replacement shocks for Ford Ranger. The tuning of this model of shock absorbers is according to the model of vehicle. This means that they have a custom modification option that can benefit every type of rider. With amazing valving, these shocks are in common use all around the globe. The Ford Ranger shock replacement is quite possible with this item.
Rancho Performance Suspension manufacturer is offering the RS5000 shock absorber model. Its weight is no more than 30 pounds with dimensions ranging between 10x12x5 inches. The item model number or manufacturer part number is the same, which is RS5042-RS5254. There is no folding and the exterior is painted. It is continued by the manufacturer.
The features of Rancho RS5000 shocks include:
● This model comes with adjustable shocks; therefore, they are very useful for all vehicle types.
● 9-position performance allows lifting of off-road trucks and jeeps.
● The valving of these shocks is also sensitive to velocity changes.
● They come with a protective boot.
● The warranty is not for life-time duration. It can be claimed within a specific time limit.
- The affordable and fair price range with an extremely nice driving experience.
- Applicable widely for lifting vehicle as well as to be fixed on stock.
- You can buy them individually or in the form of pairs.
- Get custom made for your vehicle model.
- Get custom made for your vehicle model.
The Monroe 34526 Gas-Magnum truck shock absorber comes with modifiers that allow this product to become user friendly. These are the best shock absorbers that ensure a smooth reaction which is completely free from friction. The compression, as well as extension cycles, have improved valving compared to the previous model. This results in a very comfortable, controlled, and smooth ride. You can consider this model as best shocks for Ford Ranger 4x4.
Tenneco manufacturers worked with the Monroe brand to develop this 1.5-pound truck shock absorber. Its exact dimensions are 23.2 x 4 x 2.7 inches. The item model number, manufacturer part number, and OEM part number are the same, which is 34526.
Following are the features of Monroe 34526 Gas-Magnum truck shock absorber:
● Compared to the usual one-inch bore, the 1-3/8 of this truck shock absorber provides better control overpressure.
● The two-inch tube is present in it that allow better performance of the vehicle as more fluid can be stored.
● The nitrocarburized piston rod is about 5/8 inches. This means that the service life is long.
● The shield units are all non-dust.
- Better oil capacity than compared to 1 inch bore shocks.
- Allow heat dissipation to avoid damage.
- Better valving provides a comfortable ride.
- Useable in all trucks and vans.
- They might start rusting in a couple of months or after 12 months.
The Gabriel 34058 front load carrier is designed for modern vehicles. As it used the G-Force technology, the results are quite effective in terms of its lifespan, shock absorbance, the comfort of the ride, and control over the pressure. This product can give new life to your vehicle by protecting the working cylinder, and reducing friction with a positive seal.
The brand and manufacturers offer the Front Load Carrier model that is 7 pounds in weight. The Ford Ranger shocks are similar to these. Its dimensions are 21.75 x 5.25 x 2.88 inches, and the exterior body is painted. The item model number and manufacturer part number are the same, which is 34058. There are two Shocks, four Bushings, two Nuts, four Retainers in its cover.
Features of Gabriel 34058 front load carrier include:
● The Gabriel 34058 front load carrier introduces spring technology for heavy-duty vehicles.
● The coil springs at the anterior end allow stability due to which the ride height could be easily maintained.
● The load capacity of the rare springs is around 500 pounds.
● With a price range of less than 100$, it is quite an economical solution for heavy-duty use.
- Stable ride height due to the presence of coil springs.
- Handles uneven roads or bumps to allow smooth ride.
- For heavy-duty use, it provides the best control and responsiveness.
- Economical for vehicles that have demanding use.
- Not every vehicle owner can use this product.
Best Replacement Shocks for Ford Ranger Buying Guide
If you decide to buy the best replacement shocks for Ford Ranger or any other vehicle that you own, it is important to consider the following points:
- Try to buy oil-based shocks if you want to use the same vehicle for the long-term. They are quite durable.
- If you have a car that you drive in rural regions, then try to buy gas-charged shocks (hydraulic oil and nitrogen gas mixture). Their shock absorbency is best for such vehicles.
- For a lowrider car, always buy the coil-over shocks because you can ask for custom modifications for them. Also, their price is adjustable according to your budget.
- Keep in mind that you have to consider the height difference while buying shock absorbers. It is because they can drop the clearance level. You can go through your car’s manual to find out the clearance levels of your vehicle.
- Visit almost every automobile store in your vicinity, learn about the advantages of each available one.
- You must ask for expert recommendations as well. They consider every aspect of your vehicle, learn what you want, and then guide you towards the best option.
- The option of local classified ads and auto salvage shops can be used by people with limited. However, our suggestion is to consider the condition of shocks before buying. It should be reliable as far as working is concerned.
- Online shopping is also reliable for buying new and used shocks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Are shocks different from struts?
The manufacturers use both shocks and struts for providing resistance to spring vibrations, and to handle bigger loads of vehicles. They are very crucial components of the vehicle suspension system, but shocks offer additional structural support.
2. How frequent the replacement of shocks should be?
The best replacement of shocks for Ford Ranger and all other vehicles is every 50,000 miles. Depending on driving frequency, a vehicle approximately covers 88 million vibrations within this number of miles. Also, if your ride is often on bumpy roads, then you should replace earlier than this period.
3. How to identify if a car needs new shocks or not?
You can observe a clear change in the performance of the vehicle when it's time for new shocks. The steering becomes stiff and irresponsive as well. Other than this, brakes feel unstable, and vehicle bouncing becomes common during the ride.
4. How to inspect the shocks?
With every service of an oil change, the inspection of shocks should be done. In all types of cars, conventional and modern, the suspension system is the same. So, if you know the technicalities, you can check the shocks during an oil change. To get a safe, and comfortable drive, try to do this often. Besides, you should know the symptoms of bad shock absorbers. It will help you in the maintenance of shocks.
5. How durable are shock absorbers?
Depending on the kind of road you drive every day, the lifespan of shock absorbers varies. On average, it is at least 5 years, however, it can reduce to one1 year if the road condition is worst.
6. How can we replace shock absorbers?
The best way to replace shock absorbers is to remove them in pairs. This means that, at one time, you have to uninstall 2 front shocks and replace them with new. You can do the same with rear shocks as well.
With the information given above, it must be now easy for you to select the best manufacturer and model for your vehicle shock absorber. The best replacement shocks for Ford Ranger and other vehicles are mentioned in detail.
We recommend all of them because of their high quality, and consistent performance compared to others available in the market. However, keep in mind that you have to choose based on the type of vehicle that you own. There should be compatibility between the suspension system of the vehicle and the shock absorber to be installed in it.