Top 8 Best Underseat Subwoofer Reviews and Buying Guide
Enjoying a roller coaster ride is impossible without music. Full sound! Long drive! Nothing can beat that feeling! But the best underseat subwoofer is a must-have option to improve the audio system inside the car.
Not all cars have plenty of space to set up subwoofers. As a music lover, you will never compromise the quality of music in your vehicle. You will find your own way to set up a subwoofer. Since there is not much extra space inside most cars except luxurious cars, the underseat is the best place to install a subwoofer.
A good-quality underseat subwoofer is easy to install and allows users to make the best use of the small space he has. As an additional bonus, most car subwoofers come with a pre-installed amp to reduce troubles.
Finding the best underseat powered subwoofer from bottomless options is overwhelming. After researching and testing more than dozens of subwoofers, we have finally come up with the top 8 under seat subwoofers. Read through our underseat subwoofer reviews to find your preferred one.
Best Underseat Subwoofer
Let’s start our review session with the best under seat subwoofer from Rockville. Also, it is one of the top-favorite subs under seat among car lovers in the market. It comes with a smart and perfect design to improve the audio system inside cars making it the best start for beginners.
- It has a powerful 12-watt peak power as the highest level power and a 400-watt RMS to handle a daily basis without compromising sound quality.
- A compact design to fit easily in most cars
- As for new-comers, the underseat subwoofer includes a helpful guide to help users for easy installation and simple use.
- It has two parts: 12" Amplified Powered Car Subwoofer Enclosure and Complete Amp Installation Wire Kit with RCA CA.
- The product features a variable +12dB bass boost, adjustable low-pass crossover, 150mv to 5 Volt gain control, and remote bass control.
- It comes with low-level inputs for multi-channel surround sound audio; high-level inputs to ensure the same audio signal for the subwoofer and speaker.
The power peak power and a massive RMS capacity won't disappoint serious fans at all. In fact, you can say it is a brilliant pick when you want a small car subwoofer. What’s more, the size, bass capacity, and overall value of this unit make it a high-level performer. This model is the best compact powered subwoofer without breaking your bank when you want to add a little bass to your ride.
- Deep, loud sounds
- Compact design
- Easy to install
- Impressive quality
- High sensitivity level
- The protective grill is plastic
Beginners always want a safe bet for choosing any product; that’s where the Kenwood KAC-9106D comes to play. Casual consumers will surely like this small subwoofer to fit the car underseat easily.
- Unlike most subwoofers, it comes with class D amp design.
- It will exceed your expectation with its sturdy die-cast aluminum frame.
- Users don’t need to buy an amp separately for this car powered sub since it already has a built-in one.
- Customers will not experience any overheating issues as aluminum works precisely to absorb heat.
- Its low-profile design subwoofer is an excellent option when you want increased flexibility to install it inside the car conveniently.
- It contains a perky and responsive remote control to control sub-levels and shift through many screen menus.
On the minus point, users have limited options to adjust or fine-tune the subwoofer's complex system. However, it is still a decent option when you don’t want a lot of basses but realistic sound effects. The subwoofer will surely last several years with good service.
- Hardware harness
- Solid construction
- Decent performance at mid sound levels
- Perfect design and shape
- Little assembly required
- Limited amount of bass & Volume control
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 is a reliable and well-made subwoofer, a perfect bass to match your internal sound system. Like me, if you don't want to take additional pain to match up a subwoofer with a compatible amplifier, it gives you another reason to own it.
- Like premium quality subwoofers, it is made from medium-density fiberboard (MDF), which is ultra-durable and scratch-resistant.
- It is not flimsy to install despite being slightly heavy (13.4 kgs).
- As for the power connection, it allows users to instantly connect and disconnect in positive, negative, and remote-on wiring.
- Due to the intelligent auto turn-on/off function, users don't need to disconnect each wire separately, which is a significant advantage over other models.
- This versatile subwoofer has various outputs and tuning options to adjust the sound just the way you want.
- It features a recessed connector plate, which is merely noticeable.
- The bass makes clear and filtered sound without any upper-end noise or vocals.
- As for the speaker grill, it is made from mesh metal, which doesn’t disrupt the sound quality and can protect the speaker cone from getting damaged.
This feature-rich unit has decent quality bass with great volume that you will enjoy. You will not only hear sound but livelier and playful hits to enjoy the right level of music. It will surely vibrate you to feel the base power. Though it is slightly pricey than other models, they can’t match this unit's quality and performance.
- Compact enclosure
- Well-made speaker grill
- Made from solid materials
- Closed-loop design
- Adjustable gain knob
- Slightly heavier than other models
When you want to enjoy loud music, the Rockville RockGhost is your ultimate option. Its bass boost knob impressed us the most to control the bass while moving one song to another. The subwoofer will surely offer a richness to stereo but not uncomfortable to ears. This kind of subwoofer is the right pick when you have limited space in the underseat.
- This self-contained underseat subwoofer comes with a built-in speaker and amp.
- The bass frequency offers a decent audible range to hear the sound clearly and powerfully.
- It produces incredible sound to make your car mirror starts vibrating at the highest speed.
- Users can operate the model in 800 watts at the peak output, and it can handle 200 Watts power on a continuous basis.
- With this excellent featured product, users will experience high-quality sound with less vibration because of its mounting location.
- The unit features a plug-and-play installation system to save your time from manually installing drivers.
- The subwoofer includes backplate mounts to reproduce subsonic frequencies & bass, and you can install it in your car underseat or trunk.
Installing the subwoofer is hassle-free, and it doesn't take ample time to finish the task quickly. Aside from setting its car underseat, you can install it inside the tire; in fact, it is the best hideaway subwoofer on our list. The moment you plug it, you can enjoy the music instantly.
- Loud yet real sound
- Effortless to setup
- Inbuilt speakers & amplifier
- Convenient size to fit underseat or inside tires
- Ultra-deep bass
- Not highly durable
Here comes another best hideaway subwoofer, which can show high-level performance. The KICKER 11HS8 has excellent portability to install quickly and easily.
- Like premium quality subwoofers, fine-tuning and outstanding bass effects ensure effective sound systems inside the car.
- It takes relatively less space than other subwoofers since it is only 8 inches.
- The subwoofer allows users to adjust the bass level with a frequency of 25 Hz to 120 Hz.
- It can still offer lower-frequency sound output to reproduce the most resonant bass in different tracks.
- The KICKER 11HS8 subwoofer features sophisticated tech innovation to make a clean and sharp sound.
- It includes a TEMPO controller, which is to find in most subwoofers.
- The product has an instruction manual to elaborate everything about assemble and disassemble different parts of the subwoofer.
- Users can adjust sound aspects and bass levels using the remote.
Achieving distinctive and high-quality sound is easy-going for this beast. You will not face any problem while removing the subwoofer from the car. The settings work automatically, but you can change it manually if you want to alter any option. Make sure you have an upgraded speaker to notice the big difference in the sound quality.
- Tiny size
- Very rich auditory system
- Easy to put together and take apart
- Excellent bass response and volume
- Highly versatile
- Requires high-maintenance
If you are looking for a budget-friendly subwoofer without compromising the sound system, the Rockville SS8P is the best bet. This all-in-one solution subwoofer has a high output level to make the best quality sound. On top of that, the setting up process is simple and clean since most of the parts are built-in.
- This beast has 400 watts maximum output power and 100 watts RMS handling capacity.
- It comes with a 2.8-inch enclosure to perfectly fit in most cars under seats without taking additional space.
- The aluminum enclosure prevents sound waves production, and it doesn't heat up easily even while playing songs for several hours continuously.
- Due to auto-on function, the machine doesn't require a manual turn on for all functions-all you need just to activate the stereo, and the amplifier will turn on itself automatically.
- The amp of this subwoofer comes off by itself when users switch off the music signal.
- This subwoofer is equipped with lots of protection like a thermal protection circuit to find out excessive heat conditions and disconnect electronic circuits' power.
- It features an overload protection circuit to limit the output current and keep it safe conditions.
All the outstanding features make the underseat subwoofer a great option to consider when users want a simple yet powerful subwoofer.
- Affordable option
- Precise adjustability
- Effortless to install
- Impressive sound quality
- Tiny cone
The sound quality of Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 will surely blow your mind. The audible impact it will make on your sound system will surely make you a fan of this product. With its accurate, punchy and bright sound system makes it the best bet for the value.
- The unit's RMS power is 120-watts, while it can go up to 240-watts for maximum utilization of energy.
- This 8-inch subwoofer comes with an ergonomically compacted design to perfectly fit your car underseat or in the trunk.
- Due to the cast metal enclosure, it has sturdy built-in construction.
- The whole package includes a gain knob, a 25ft cable, some Velcro, and four wide-angle mounting extensions.
- It provides high accessibility to control the bass level using a remote level knob, and you can install the remote level knob wherever you want on the dash.
- On the side panel, it features built-in amplifier controls to control the low pass crossover and phase.
Therefore, users can customize the sound system and bass level according to their preference. Regardless of where you set up this beast, it will provide good service for many years with high-level performance.
- Rugged design
- A die-cast aluminum casing
- Lots of control options
- High pass filter
- In-line fuse
- Short wire length
The Cerwin Vega VPAS10 comes in a small size, but it can give you every drop of satisfaction through its high-quality bass and sound quality which are what makes this product one of the best underseat subwoofer.
- This powerful beast comes with a low pass filter of 180 degrees, which acts as a tone control to remove mid-and high-frequency notes.
- It comes with a whole package, including the sub, the bass remote included in the bottles, all the necessary connectors, brackets for installation, and a detailed user manual that is technical and installs information.
- The subwoofer features an active 10-inch subwoofer amplified for high-level output.
- This whole underseat subwoofer is made from solid cast aluminum and has a perfect shape for perfect installation in limited without compromising realistic sounds.
- It is equipped with an integrated thermal protection circuit to protect the device from overheating issues.
- With the 400-watt max power output, it can handle excellent power levels without resulting in distortion or blowing.
- It features an adjustable line input, high-level inputs unlock, sensitivity bass switch, and an auto power turn-on bass boost.
- The Cerwin Vega VPAS10 is a specially developed ultra-profile to provide maximal exertion and hit low bass notes.
- It features a VEGA Bass boost to increase the frequencies and an auto power-on button for high-level input.
We found it is louder than its nearest competitor and it is slim but sturdy. Additionally, multiple adjustment settings, small size design, and robust deep bass are remarkable features, making it a worthy investment to hear loud and clear sound.
- Ultra-compact design
- Lots of accessories
- Great value for the money
- Effective thermal protection
- Impressive performance and quality
- Lower frequency response
What to Look For Before Buying the Best Underseat Subwoofer
You won’t get a subwoofer under seat, which is best in every aspect. But what you can do is trying to look carefully at every feature to find the best under seat subwoofer based on your car requirement. Proper subwoofer installation is also mandatory to get better performance. We are mentioning some crucial points below, which you must consider before purchasing an under seat sub.
Powerful subwoofers have high-wattage powers. The more powerful your subwoofer is, the louder music you can play. But you need to remember; it will cost you additional money to buy high-power subwoofers. On top of that, they consume a higher level of energy than standard wattage subwoofers.
You need to remember two things for the power of subwoofers: RMS power and Peak power. RMS power means the average sound a subwoofer makes with its overall capacity.
On the other hand, peak power implies the maximum possible sound a subwoofer can go.
Maximum Sensitivity Level
Another crucial point is the sensitivity level of the subwoofer. A power base subwoofer will not make quality sounds unless it features a high level of sensitivity. Additionally, it is another parameter to define how loud the sound is. You can compromise a little wattage power if your car underseat subwoofer has the right level of sensitivity.
Choosing between passive or powered
An under seat subwoofer either comes passive or powered option. A passive subwoofer collects power from external sources, and this type of unit is known as an underseat amplified subwoofer. It is a low-cost option, but you need to make sure the amplifier is compatible with your subwoofer.
On the contrary, a power base subwoofer is more convenient to use since most of them come with inbuilt amplifiers. Also, you don’t need additional accessories, and it can save some space in your car.
Sealed or Ported Enclosure
A sealed subwoofer comes with a sealed box, which lacks free airflow. It needs more power to produce the same sound level if you compare it with a ported subwoofer. On the other hand, a ported subwoofer has a convenient design with a larger cabinet to promote airflow.
The design of a subwoofer has a direct impact on producing decent quality sound. Ported subwoofers are the best option for deep bass with an impeccable depth. However, you can experience accurate sound with sealed box subwoofers.
Sound range or frequency range means the ranges of sound your under seat subwoofer will produce. A lower-frequency range is more effective to enjoy high-quality sound. However, make sure you don’t depend on only this feature since the results may vary from sub to sub because of other specifications.
Single or Dual Voice coil
Most subs under seat come with a single voice coil, which comes with only one piece of copper wire around the former, and it makes the right level of sound. While dual voice coil wraps two lengths of copper wires around its former and it is a top favorite among car lovers as it provides high flexibility to make it compatible with car audio systems.
Many good-quality subwoofers make incredible sound with high power and sensitivity levels though their size is compact. However, when you want to achieve low-frequency sounds, go for a minimum 12 inches subwoofer as you need higher energy for low-end sounds.
FAQ ( Under Seat Subwoofer )
What is the difference between subwoofer and speaker?
A speaker only transforms the electrical signal into sound, while a subwoofer covers a narrower frequency range and ideal option for bass sounds.
Can I use car subwoofer at home?
Most car subwoofers are suitable to use at home with a home stereo or home theater by detaching the power supply.
What is the best size subwoofer for a car?
A 12 inches subwoofer is the best size for a car because it can produce additional bass, and it is compatible with high-level frequencies.
How do I choose the right subwoofer for my car?
You want to look over many features and specifications to choose the right subwoofer for your car. We have included all the essential points in the buying guide.
Is it illegal to have a subwoofer in your car?
Installing a subwoofer is legal in your car as long as it doesn’t bother others.
What type of subwoofer box is the strongest bass producing?
Each subwoofer has a unique built-in quality, and bass production may vary due to power supply and other issues.
It entirely depends on you whether you want to get an underseat sub or not. If your vehicle has narrow space and you want to shift on a decent quality subwoofer, it is vital to invest in one. While choosing the best underseat subwoofer, make sure it has excellent value for money, compact design, and a broad wattage range. We have listed several subwoofers to match your requirements and hit your car on fire. You are free to pick any of them that give you optimum value with a decent capacity.