8 Best Grease Gun for Lubrication | Reviews and Buyer's Guide
Lubrication is essential for the smooth running of vehicles. However, if there is no proper amount of grease, wear and resistance can make your vehicle useless. The best grease gun can help you in applying the appropriate amount of lubricant to your car whether you're working in a workshop or doing some DIY projects, relevant grease tools are blessings.
No doubt, grease guns are magical tools to have in your working vicinity. However, it's shopping can be challenging. Luckily, you're reading the right guide article.
In this article, we've provided the top 8 grease gun reviews. Thus, it'll help you buy the best grease guns. Let's read the article thoroughly.
8 Best Grease Gun Reviews
In this grease gun reviews, you will get every piece of information about the product. Subsequently, you'll find it easy to choose the best grease gun to buy for regular car maintenance.
1. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Grease Gun
Dewalt is the best brand for manufacturing heavy-duty tools. One of such tools is their best cordless grease gun. Its powerful motor can provide up to 10,000 max psi. So, it's the perfect grease gun for powerful pump pushes. Indeed, you can use this grease gun for large vehicles and machinery.
Firstly, its lithium-ion battery allows you to push 16 cartridges on a single charge. The second feature that makes it shine is an extra-long hose of 42-inches. So, you can grease all the hard-to-reach bearing with little effort. Besides, LED light allow you to see the low light fittings easily. Thus, you can apply the grease properly.
Most importantly, you'll find the Dewalt gun easy to use because of its 15lb weight and high output of 5 oz in a minute. Also, you don't have to put extra effort into cleaning it. Moreover, it consists of a pump filter screen that doesn't allow the contamination to clog the pump.
Dewalt offers this exceptional grease gun with model number DCGG571M1. It has a 14.8 lb weight and 23.5" x 4.31" x 13.38" dimension. With a battery-powered source, it provides about 1400" pounds torque. Also, a 42 inches hose with a flat head style allows access to different areas.
● Extra-large hose allows you to grease hard-to-reach areas.
● High power of 10,000 psi offers powerful pushes.
● Bright LED lights allow you to grease dark areas.
● No-mar foot design will help you to utilize the gun on flat surfaces.
● Large hose
● High power
● Permanent and excellent output
2. Lincoln 1884 20V Li-Ion PowerLuber Dual Battery Unit
Many features make this grease gun stand among its competitors. Firstly, you can select one from two grease outputs. One of them is low-volume, and the other is high-volume. So, you can choose the output according to your greasing needs.
Secondly, there is a three-point base to keep the grease gun tool in a straight position. Thus, you can clean it and handle it easily. Besides, a LED light also makes it easy to use. As a result, you can easily grease the areas in the dark.
Thirdly, the LCD in it makes it a shining star. It allows you to follow what's happening in your grease gun. For instance, you can see the grease out, block fitting alerts, and battery charging.
This high-pressure grease gun comes with a 12-pounds weight and model number 1884. It has dimensions 24 x 15 x 5 inches. Further, the lithium-ion battery of this grease gun helps it to provide 10000 psi pressure.
● LCD allows you to monitor the gun quickly.
● The three-point base keeps the grease gun in the upright position. Thus, you can use it easily.
● LED light helps you to approach the dark areas.
● Two grease output options meet your diverse needs.
● Two types of output settings
● Monitoring with LCD
● High torque powerhead
● Heavier due to large size
3. Lumax LX-1175 12V Cordless Grease Gun
Lumax offers the best manual grease gun, known as Lumax LX-1175. It contains a high-powered battery that can deliver grease up to 5 cartridges. Moreover, it can provide 7000 psi pressure for greasing.
You will also love its high flow rate of 3.5 oz in a minute. Further, it's durable and lightweight. Corrosion-free chrome-plated barrels are behind this durability. Thus, you can meet your diverse greasing needs by buying it only once.
Above all, the manual handling of this grease gun is comfortable. Its ergonomic and non-slip grip allows you to handle it firmly. So, you can complete your task safely.
Lastly, you will get a 30" flexible hose with a non-drip cap. This flexible hose will make your greasing projects easy to complete.
Lumax offers one of the grease guns with a 3.5 oz/min flow rate. It comes with model number LX-1175. Moreover, the gun's weight is 10.43 lbs, and its dimensions are 4.19 x 18.25 x 14.38 inches. It has a large 1500mAh battery. Further, the grease gun provides a flow rate of 7000 psi.
● Ergonomic handle to provide you with a firm grip on the gun.
● A large 30" hose helps to grease inaccessible areas.
● 3.5 oz/min flow rate is another feature that makes it perfect.
● A 1500mAh battery can grease the 5 cartridges in a single run.
● Lightweight and durable
● Powerful 1500mAh battery
● Diverse in use due to ultra-flex hose
● Loud popping due to lousy charger
4. Astro Pneumatic 101 Mini Grease Gun
If you're looking for the best mini grease gun, consider Astro pneumatic tool 101 mini gun. It comes with a needle nozzle for precise grease application. Further, it can store up to 3 oz of the lubricant in it. Thus, you can use it for your small greasing needs.
Above all, the easy-to-use features make it shine among many others. Firstly, it's easy to carry due to its lightweight with its 1 lb weight. Secondly, you can operate with just one hand.
You can use this magical gun for lubricating air tolls with grease types fittings.
With a needle nozzle, this mini grease tool has only 9.6 oz weight. Moreover, it's present with 9" x 5.25" x 1.5" dimensions. Under model number 101, it can hold 3 oz of the lubricant.
● A lubricant holding capacity of 3 oz is enough for meeting your small greasing needs.
● The lightweight of this mini grease equipment makes it easy to carry.
● A needle-shaped nozzle offers précised grease application.
● Easy to handle. Consequently, you can use it with just one hand.
● Handy and easy to operate
● 3 oz of lubricant storage
● Precise greasing due to needle nozzle
● Grease loading can be challenging
5. Milwaukee 2646-20 M18 2-Speed Grease Gun
Among diverse grease gun options, the Milwaukee 2646-20 is unique in different ways. Firstly, it has pre-set grease counter. It allows the maintenance professional to apply grease in a precise amount. Secondly, the exceptional 1000 psi operating pressure makes it the industry's star.
Do you want to make a selection from a high flow rate and high pressure? Well, you can get this feature in this grease gun also. Besides, you will get a marked plunger rod in it. Consequently, you can monitor how much grease left in the gun.
Above all, it's easy to use. You will find a LED light and a Lock-on / Lock-off trigger for your convenience. Besides, you can use its shoulder strap to carry it. So, you will not get fatigued after taking it. You can also use its 48" hose to access inaccessible areas. So, it's the better grease tool that provides a complete package of user convenience.
This grease gun comes with 0.16 oz weight and 3.8 x 19.7 x 9.2 inches dimension. You can find it as model number 2646-20. Moreover, a cordless power source of 18 V is used to power it.
● The 2-speed design makes it easy for you to select between maximum flow rate and max pressure.
● A red lithium battery pack is compatible with various tools.
● The shoulder strap makes it easy to carry.
● Marking plunger rod allows you to monitor the lubricant amount.
● Speed options
● Easy one-handed greasing option
● Long hose
● No locking connectors
6. Alemite 500-E Grease Gun
Alemite 500-E is an automotive grease gun. You can use it to lubricate motor vehicles and aeronautics. Its 16 oz cylinder capacity makes it best to use for automotive lubrication.
Moreover, it can deliver up to 1 oz lubricant in 21 strokes with 10,000 psi pressure. A fantastic thing about it is that you can load the lubricant in it in three ways. These three ways are fast refill, suction, and 14 oz cartridge. Thanks to its bleeder valve, it'll never allow the pressure buildup.
To make it durable and easy to handle, it has many features. For instance, the gun's head features die-cast aluminum. This aluminum makes it durable and lightweight. Besides, a vinyl cover on the lower portion of the lever provides a firm grip.
The Alemite grease gun with 500-E model number has only 3.53 lbs weight. It provides lubricant flow at 1 oz/ 21 strokes. Moreover, it releases the lubricant at 10,000 psi pressure.
● Die-cast aluminum gun head provides you with a lightweight grease gun.
● The vinyl cover on the lower portion allows you to grasp it firmly.
● A lever mechanism offers typical output volume.
● It can inject lubricant in grease fittings, making it suitable for automobile use.
● Durable and lightweight
● Comfortable to handle
● Best for automobile use
● Threaded points may leak
7. Lincoln 1134 Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun
Want to grease automobile components without creating any mess? Well, you can never ignore the Lincoln 1134 pistol grip grease gun. It carries a dual-lip follower to eliminate grease bypass. Thus, you don't have to see wasted grease on the floor. Doesn't it a plus point?
The grease gun has an air bleeder to remove trapped air. As a result, you can have an optimized grease gun.
Its hose is somewhat small in size. However, it comes with an additional 6" extension so that you can easily access different fittings.
Above all, this pistol grip grease tool works through a stroke mechanism. It means it can work at a high pressure of around 7500 psi for high-tolerance uses.
This Lincoln pistol grip gun comes under the LIN1134 model number. It weighs only 2.8lb and has dimensions 7.7 x 16.1 x 2.8 inches. Further, it releases the lubricant at high pressure of 7500 psi.
● Air bleeder optimizes the gun function by removing air from it.
● Additional 6" extension compliment the hose to help grease all fittings.
● The stroke mechanism allows working at a high pressure of 7500 psi.
● Extra extension
● Secure lock-on tip
● Flexible hose
● Lubricant may leak
8. Lumax LX-1152 Black Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
No other grease gun can compete with the Lumax LX-1152 in durability. It has a chrome-plated finish handle to avoid corrosion. 28-gauge steel barrels are also a plus that enhances durability. Besides, this pistol grease gun is resistant to accidental discharges due to the follower rod lock.
It comes with an 18" hose extension for optimizing greasing ability. Further, its head featured a heavy-duty cast so that gun can work efficiently at 7000 psi. Besides, this grease gun provides optimum function by venting all the air pockets with an air bleeder.
Above all, you can load the lubricant in the gun using three different ways.
With model number LX-1152, this grease gun has only 2.5 lb weight. It has dimensions of 15 x 5 x 2.8 inches. You can buy this pistol grease tool using ASIN: B000MD4YKM.
● A heavy-duty head allows the gun to work efficiently at 7000psi.
● Air bleeder vent the air pockets to optimize the gun's function.
● Follower rod lock prevents accidental discharges.
● Chrome-plated handle and 28-gauge steel barrels offer enhanced durability.
● No accidental discharges
● Chrome-plated handle
● The plunger may fail to release grease
The Best Grease Gun: Buyer's Guide
While selecting the best grease gun to buy, don't forget to check factors that you need to consider. Some of these factors are:
Different types of grease guns are available in the market. The purpose for which you need the gun will decide the type of grease gun. For instance, manual guns can be the right choice for DIY projects. A battery-powered grease gun can also assist you in simple household tasks.
On the other hand, an automated and powerful gun works better for professional work.
Gun operating at high pressure ensures that grease is coming out of the gun smoothly. You can also say that high the operating pressure, the smoother the grease tool will work. You will find grease guns operating at 600-7500 psi. Operating pressure of 10,000 psi is also characteristic of this tool.
● Hose length:
Applying grease in a machine means you've to lubricate areas in tight space. To make grease application easier in such areas, always buy a grease gun with a hose.
Grease guns with diverse hose lengths are available in the market. For example, some have an 18" hose. Likewise, others may come in a 27" or 42" hose. In short, you can choose the hose length as per your requirement.
● User convenience:
Do you want to buy the best manual grease gun? Well, make sure it's comfortable to handle. So, always choose the one which has cushioned grips because it makes the gun easy to hold.
● Loading method:
Diverse grease gun loading methods are available for loading grease into the gun, such as the cartridge method and suction method. The cartridge method is a cleaner and convenient way. However, the grease guns with this loading method are expensive.
In contrast, Suction loading is affordable but messy.
FAQs of the best grease gun reviews
1. What is the best grease gun used for?
Grease gun help in lubricating the machine parts. It's a workshop tool. To clarify, it aims at applying the lubricant to a specific point through a nozzle. Moreover, the cartridge of the gun stores the lubricant that you need to use.
2. How do I store a grease gun in my garage?
Storing the best grease gun to buy properly means you're enhancing its life. The best practices to keep it in your workshop are:
● Firstly, store it in a fireproof cabinet in the plunger.
● Secondly, hang it horizontally on the wall.
● Lastly, make sure the cartridge is in an upright position.
3. Is Lithium Grease suitable for the best grease guns?
Yes, you can use lithium grease for guns. But, it may get thin at a high temperature. However, it's still the best gun grease.
You have to clean it after everyday use and replace it in your gun cartridge. Besides, this procedure is the same as other gun greases.
4. How long does a tube of grease last?
A grease tube can last for up to 200 pumps. It can last for a long way if you don't grease your vehicle after every use.
5. Why is the M3 called a grease gun?
M3 is also known as a grease gun or greaser because it resembles a mechanic tool. It can be used as a suitable replacement for the Thompson submachine gun.
In this grease gun reviews, we have reviewed the top 8 grease guns. We hope it'll help you find the best grease gun for your daily tasks. However, the choice is yours. We have also enlisted some of the features that are must to have in a grease gun.
For example, you must know for which purpose you're going to use that grease gun. Moreover, make sure best grease gun to buy you're choosing has sufficient hose length, operating pressure, and flow rate. Above all, it should be easy to use.