It's a widespread misconception that a vehicle can run just fine only on its fuel. Perceptions like these not only reduce your vehicle's potential and lifetime but, sometimes, also leads to some catastrophic accidents. The gas or other fuel you're feeding your car produces the energy to run your automobile. But a lot is going inside the system more than generating power. For instance, the brake on your vehicle is a hydraulic system, and hence it requires brake fluid to operate correctly. Therefore, for such a crucial mechanism to function correctly, choosing the Best DOT 4 Brake Fluid is a critical necessity.
In 1914 American automotive legend, Frederick Duesenberg developed the first hydraulic brake system, and today’s most used automotive brake fluid are silicone based DOT 5, DOT 4 and glycol based brake fluid DOT3. The uses of synthetic brake fluid are increasing drastically in the market. According to Global Brake Fluid Market Insights, the market size of automotive brake oil will raise from 800 million USD to 943 million USD at a CAGR of 2% in the period 2019- 2026.
Unfortunately, due to various misconceptions and lack of knowledge, car owners often ignore or overlook the significance of the best brake fluid. It often leads to many terrible incidents like brake failures, permanent damage to the system, brake pads damage and so on.
Now, considering these parameters, you might be confused about switching to the top rated DOT 4 fluid brands for your vehicle. If that's the case, then you need not worry anymore as we got your back. Here we have added a detailed walk through
Best DOT 4 Brake Fluid : Most Reviews in the Market
1. Castrol 12509 Dot 4 Brake Fluid
The first one we have is the Castrol 12509 from the automobile lubricant giant. This company has been radiating at the forefront of racing and lubricant innovations for more than 120 years. In addition to Motorcycle engine oil, Castrol is known for its premium brake fluids.
Castrol’s motorcycle lubricants are excellent solutions with their race-proven additives that can ensure superior protection of your bike's hard-working components. Using the new Castrol 12509 Dot 4 Brake Fluid is sure to enhance the thrill of your rides and your vehicle’s performance.
Here we have added all the crucial parameters of the performance castor oil you need to consider –
Model: CASTROL Oil 12 OZ
Item Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Engineered to provide outstanding performance in modern-day high-temperature braking systems due to its unique formula.
- Provides improved and optimum braking response.
- Exceeds the DOT3 and the DOT4 specifications.
- Formulized to mix with other conventional brake fluid.
- Engineered effective viscosity for improved performance.
- Premium brake fluid.
- Compatibility with other oils.
- Improves response time.
- Ensures long-lasting performance.
- Reduces brake noises.
- Leakage issues with the container.
If you're in search of a premium oil for your automobile, then the new Castrol 12509 Dot Brake Fluid is one of the best choices for you.
2. Motul 100949 8068HL Synthetic Brake Fluid
The next one we have is from another lubricant giant, Motul. Motul has achieved unanimous recognition for more than 160 years for its superior quality products. Their capacity for innovation and involvement in motors ports has brought them the alias of the premier specialist in synthetic lubricants.
Motul puts the same passion that unities engine lovers with their machines into innovation. They have a wide range of lubricant products for automobiles and Powersports applications to meet the constant demand to improve performance. From developing the first fully synthetic oil in 1971, the company has never looked back and continued to progress the technology, pairing high-performance synthetic base oils that ensure maximum performance, protection, and efficiency. The same technology brings the new Motul 100949 8068HL RBF 600 Dot-4, 100 Percent Synthetic Racing Brake Fluid.
Here are the things of this synthetic brake fluid, you should take under consideration –
Model: Motul rbf
Item Volume: 500 ml
- Engineered for hydraulic triggered clutch and brake systems.
- Features a non silicone based fluids with synthetic oil formula.
- Formulized for super thermal resistance and durability
- Designed to have a high boiling points (312 C / 594 F)
- Formulized for excellent flowing performance
- Ideal liquid for your system.
- Ensures superior performance.
- Advances response time.
- High thermal tolerance that lasts long.
- Increases braking efficiency.
- May have issues with track uses.
The new Motul 100949 8068HL RBF 600 Factory, 100 Percent Synthetic Racing Dot4 Fluid is a high premium temperature ratings oil that can serve you the best.
3. Bosch ESI6-32N Brake Fluid
The new Bosch ESI6-32N Brake Fluid is a direct replacement for DOT 5, DOT 4, and DOT 3. Bosch claims it to be the next generation liquid that is designed for today's modern braking systems. This product is formulized by the industry's leader in braking technology for vehicles that utilizes dot 5 brake fluid as well as dot 3 brake fluids.
Please note that this liquid contains various chemicals, including Ethylene Oxide, that is known to the State of California to result in cancer and congenital disabilities as well as other reproductive harm. Please maintain safety while dealing with chemicals. You should take decision liquid types according to your requirements. Fill the required brake oil at your vehicle if you notice low brake fluid at reservoir.
Here are its principal attractions –
Model: Brake Fluid
Item weight: 2 pounds
- High compatibility allows it to be a direct replacement for DOT 5, DOT 4, and DOT 3.
- Formulized with Extended Service Interval (ESI) that outperforms 100% longer than DOT 3 fluids, 50% longer than DOT 4 fluids, and 10% longer than DOT 5 Fluid.
- Satisfies all DOT Five, DOT Four, and DOT Three standards
- Features a wet boiling point of ~ 365 Degree/Viscosity at -40 Degree ~ 670mm2/s
- Designed with an extended change interval for Bosch ESI6 up to 3 years.
- Flushes contaminated fluid out of the system.
- Stays in the system longer than any regular fluid.
- Enhances braking response.
- More resistant to thermal breaking.
- Increases overall brake efficiency.
- The suction cap may not fit all applications.
The new Bosch ESI6-32N is one of the best and long-lasting braking fluids for your beloved vehicle.
4. ATE 706202 original 200 Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid
ATE customized each of their brake fluids to match its specific application perfectly. The viscosity and boiling point of the ATE 706202 Original 200 Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid interact correctly to allow brakes to react quickly and reliably, making them effective for every vehicle and every application.
ATE claims to have precisely the right liquid for every requirement. This fluid is sure to make the disc brake systems function at their best - from classic cars to small cars to saloons with ABS and ESP®. The superior additives in this liquids provide excellent protection against corrosion as well as oil aging. For perks like these, it makes the drum brakes more resistant and more durable and much safer in the long term. So, Why stick to the usual standards?
Have a look at its specs below –
Item weight: 9.7 ounces
- DOT 4 formulation.
- Designed for a minimal decrease of boiling point.
- Formulized with excellent water content locking properties.
- Non-foaming formulation when filling and bleeding the vehicle's braking system.
- Features excellent corrosion protection.
- Contains selected additives.
- Formulized with superior safety tolerance against steam bubbles.
- Enhances fluid changing intervals up to 3 years.
- Optimum thermal tolerance.
- Lasts longer.
- Enhances system response.
- Anti-foaming operation.
- Competitive pricing.
- Fading issues due to inadequate application.
The new ATE 706202 Racing Fluid is an excellent choice for a lightweight car or a heavier car at a lower speed track.
5. Castrol SRF Racing Brake Oil 12512
Nothing new to be mentioned about Castrol and its outperforming Power sports grade best brake fluids. Castrol oil is genuine mixtures of innovation and performance, and the new Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid is just another proud precursor of the Castrol family.
Consisting of a new European formula for improved thermal balance as well as enhanced system response, the new Castrol oil was formulated especially for race cars, which means the quality and performance you get from this specific brake liquid is just as better as it can get. It has all the features a premium dot fluid should have with a promise to serve you just right for an extended interval than any regular brake oil you can find in the market. The advantages of synthetic brake fluid provoke you to purchase this oil.
Here is all you need to know about the new product –
Model: CASTROL SRF
Item weight: 2.02 pounds
- Synthesized with outstanding European formula.
- Formulized with a high boiling point.
- Features vapor free lock characteristics.
- Designed for excellent braking performance during racing.
- Featured wet boiling point:270 C
- Featured dry boiling point: 310 C
- Satisfies DOT 4 and DOT 3 specifications
- Race grade performance.
- Anti-vapor-lock properties prevent system failures.
- Hight boiling point ensures improved thermal tolerance.
- Ideal for heavy-duty uses.
- Ensures outperforming system response.
- Container issues.
If you're looking for superior liquid for your sports car or extreme uses, the new Castrol Racing Brake Fluids is the way to go.
6. Motul 100949 8068HL Dot-4 Synthetic Brake Oil
Next, we have another extreme high-performance glycol ether brake fluid from Motul. This fluid outperforms the standards of DOT 4. Each container is filled with Nitrogen, increasing shelf life so you can store them for longer intervals. The Nitrogen also helps to eliminate contamination, so your lubricant as effective as it was when manufactured even after long periods.
This lube features an extremely high dry boiling point of 594F or 312C that helps prevent typical complexities like vapor lock and brake fade during heavy-duty use, ensuring excellent recovery time. It also has the boiling point of 399 F or 204 C that makes it perform better than regular fluids. Please note that this product contains harmful chemicals. Always maintain personal safety while dealing with toxic chemicals.
Here is all you need to consider about this product –
Model: Motul (4 Pack) 100949 8068HL RBF
Item weight: 5.19 pounds
- Contains four packs.
- Features a dry boiling point of 594 F.
- 100 percent synthetic formula.
- Features an extremely high boiling point.
- Anti-vapor lock formulation.
- Synthesized to prevent fade during hard use.
- This brake fluid satisfies and exceeds both DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications.
- Long-lasting persistent performance.
- Higher boiling point promises improved thermal tolerance.
- Anti-vapor-lock properties.
- Competitive pricing.
- Prevents fading of disc brakes.
- Contains harmful chemicals.
The new Motul (4 Pack) 100949 8068HL RBF 600 Factory Line Dot-4, 100 Percent Synthetic Racing Brake Fluid is an excellent and economical solution to your heavy-duty uses.
7. ATE Brake Oil DOT 4 TYP 200
On #9, we have another brilliant brake oil from ATE, the ATE Brake Fluid DOT 4 TYP 200. Ate claims that this fluid is dedicated to high thermal tolerance that makes it ideal for extreme conditions. Fading of old brake fluid is a major concern, especially if you're into heavy-duty uses.
This liquid with a lower temperature tolerance will fade much faster than a fluid with a higher temperature tolerance. This is a crucial parameter when it comes to the longevity of the oil in the system. Fast decaying fluids will require you to change this more frequently, which is often frustrating. It also messes with your safety as a fading fluid may cause brake failure due to malfunctioning. Keeping that in mind, the new ATE Original brake fluid change is an excellent and economical solution for outstanding thermal maintenance.
Here is all you need to take under consideration –
Item weight: 16.22 pounds
- German technology.
- Features amber tint of fluid that makes bleeding brakes easier.
- Boiling point: 536 degrees F.
- Minimum wet boiling point: 388 degrees F.
- Synthesized with a viscosity at -104 degrees F: max 1,400 mm 2/5.
- Outperforming temperature tolerance.
- Higher boiling point promises improved thermal tolerance.
- Improves system response.
- Fair pricing.
- Enhances system efficiency.
- Indication issues while bleeding as the fluid is not blue anymore.
The new ATE Original Brake Fluid DOT 4 TYP 200 / TYP200 is a great choice that will handle your extreme rides with ease.
8. Johnsen's 5032 DOT 3 & DOT 4 Brake Oil
Last but never the least, let us end this list with another amazing brake fluid from the company, Johnsen's. This technology company started its journey over thirty-five years ago with its first promise to give their customers the best. Keeping that promise, it has been leading the way in innovative auto fluids. This chemical company also pledges to protect the environment. The performance of this brake oil is unparalleled.
Here we have added a detailed preview on this product –
Item weight: 2.35 pounds
- Premium DOT 3 & DOT 4 formula.
- Satisfies and exceeds the requirement.
- Exceeds all Federal and SAE specifications and standards for motor vehicle lubes.
- Formulized to easily mix with all DOT 3 brake fluid & DOT 4 approved brake fluids.
- Synthesized for use in the disc, drum, and ABS systems.
- Easy to mix with other brake fluids.
- Competitive pricing.
- Improves brake response.
- Enhances system efficiency.
- Lasts longer in the system.
- Can't mix with DOT 4 or above-rated fluids.
If you’re looking for a reliable brand at a good price with exceptional performance, then the new Johnsen's 5032 Premium DOT 3 & DOT 4 Brake Fluid is an ideal choice for you.
Choosing The Top Rated Best Brake Fluids : Things to Consider
Selecting the top rated brake oil for your vehicle can often be a confusing task, especially when there are a lot of excellent options available in the market. But, to make it easy for you, we have narrowed down the considerations into some simple parameters which will help you to make decisions better and faster –
1. Compatibility with Vehicle
What is the type of your vehicle? Is it an everyday car or is it a racing or sports car or is it a bike? Is it a lightweight vehicle or a heavy one? Not all brake oils support every type of vehicle. So, it's better to choose one that suits your vehicle the best. Brake fluid for a bike may not do well with an SUV as they are very different, hence require different specifications of fluids.
So, choose the best one that is well compatible yet not overkill for your type of vehicle. Read the manufacturer's instruction guide to know if the fluid is well suited for your type of vehicle. That's the very first thing to consider.
The material of the best brake fluids is the second most important thing to consider. The longevity of the fluid depends a lot on its materials. For example, the liquid synthesized with more premium materials is more durable than the ones made out of cheap materials. But note that having premium materials also raises the price of the oil.
Especially if you are into sports like racing, the material of your DOT 4 fluid is one of the first things to consider as your vehicle's performance, and safety will depend heavily on this parameter.
The top rated brake fluid dot 4 oils contain extra additives that grant the liquid some effective functionalities like corrosion prevention, improved thermals, etc. Perks like these enhance the overall efficiency of your brake pad function and also help the fluid to last longer.
Cheap and regular fluids typically lack these extra features and sometimes damage the system itself. That’s why it’s wiser to choose one that has effective additives that result in some very useful features.
4. Boiling Point
You may not even notice, but due to the constant and rapid hydraulic operations, a lot of heat is produced in the system. This heat in times makes the brake oil fade away. In fact, it's one of the critical reasons why you need to change the fluid. Keeping that in mind, the Lucas oil has a very high boiling point, which gives the oil more tolerance to heat. It makes the fluid fade much slower and takes a longer time to decay. A good brake oil outlasts regular ones even by years just because it has a higher boiling point. A brake fluid reaches wet point when it has 3.7 percent water content by volume. If you're into Power sports, the necessity of a higher boiling point is crucial. Either way, it's always safer to choose a brake fluid with a high boiling point.
5. Your Budget
Your budget affects your choices a lot. If you have a decent budget, you can go for even the most expensive liquids. But if you're running a little low, the list of what you can get gets shortened. Although brakes fluids are not that expensive if budget is really the case, then you need not panic. There are still some very fresh brake fluid that comes at a very low price. These fluids are also good and effective, and sometimes all you need.
So, choose the best one that is in your budget. Sticking to what you need rather than what you can get can sometimes save you a lot of money. Thus, brake fluid price is a vital factor to choose the suitable one. You don't typically need a race-grade oil for your little everyday car. That'd be both an overkill and an extra expense.
6. Your Location
The brake fluid of your choice may not be available in your location. Check first if the one you choose is available in your nearby stores. If not, you may have to buy it online. Make sure that the online store is trusted with good reviews to avoid scams.
Always consider these parameters when choosing the best oil for your vehicle. If the one you choose satisfies all of the parameters mentioned above, then congratulations! You just found the best match for your beloved automobile.
Why choose the best DOT 4 brake fluid
You may wonder that engine fuel is important as it runs the engine but why brake fluids? What kind of liquid do I need? What makes them necessary or why you should always choose the best brake oil for your vehicle braking system. Let us break it down for you. You see, unless your car is an electric vehicle that uses hydraulic actuated brake, and you'll need hydraulic fluid to keep the system operational. Brake oil acts as the hydraulic to run the system.
A bad brake fluid decays very fast and can't tolerate higher temperatures produced during the brakes. It also doesn't come with additional protective features like anti-foaming, anti-corrosion, and so on. On top of that, bad fluids may even hamper your vehicle's brake system and brake line that will jeopardize the safety and performance of your vehicle. It often results in brake failures during pressing brake pedal leading to catastrophic accidents that injure thousands of people each year. Many even lose their lives.
Again, as inadequate oils in brake fluid reservoir is not safe, you'll need to refill them again and again for frequently even monthly in some cases. This will, in turn, hamper you financially with excessive cost, and again, nobody likes to refill brake fluids frequently as that is not as easy as refilling fuel. Besides, clean the brake fluid master cylinder at a regular interval to get better braking performance.
Hence, when it comes to the safety of you and your beloved automobile, it depends a lot on high performance liquid. Choosing the best brake oil may not nullify the chances of system failures, but it significantly reduces the chances of such unpleasant occurrences. Therefore, for the sake of your safety, choosing the top rated brake fluid is a must and something you should never ignore.
Brake oil may just be a simple product like many others, but it has a life-saving significance. When you're riding your vehicle, safety should always be your number one priority and so, ensuring that safety should be something you must always keep on the check. Upgrading to the best brake fluid dot 4 doesn't only enhance your brake response but also improves the overall efficiency of your vehicle. It makes your rides smoother and puts you more in control of the vehicle. Therefore, stay safe, choose the Best DOT 4 Brake Fluid.