Best CV Boot Clamps | Top Rated Reviews and Buying Guide
our vehicle’s wheel keeps rotating only because the CV joint is under protection by the CV boots. Now, if these have the best CV boot clamps, they keep the CV boots at their right position and do not allow them to oscillate during the drive.
If you fail to keep the CV joint safe and clean, you may eventually need to do the cv boot replacement. There are so many options available in the market, but here we have a list of top options for you to choose from. We are sure that you will be able to spot the best suitable one from the list for your vehicle.
Best CV Boot Clamps Reviews
1. Stainless Steel Drive Shaft Inner Axle Joint Boot Kit
The manufacturer’s goal is to make sure that the vehicle parts made in the company dependable for the drivers. They should have the option to use them safely. Before selling, the company ensures that they use, try, and test the parts after manufacturing.
MIKKUPPA brand is manufacturing this product. It comes under the model "CV axle boot clamps". Moreover, the item model number or manufacturer part number is QAT194. With 9 x 7.5 x 1-inch dimensions, the product has 4.8 pounds of weight. Overall, the kit has 6 to 12 pieces that include boot clamps of different sizes. The product has a Universal CV boot clamp vehicle service type. If you want to purchase online, then you can use the B07RV7B96B ASIN.
- This CV boot clamp comes with a long piece of metal on one side.
- It helps the driver ride smoothly on the road even if it is a little bumpy at some places.
- The Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ensures that the axles keep on rotating properly with these boot camps.
- It is composed of stainless-steel; therefore, it is a great choice for people living in areas that receive frequent rainfall and snow.
● Resistant to rusting and corrosion.
● Provides a smooth ride.
● Helps in avoiding damage to your vehicle, and stops grease spills.
● Manufacturers offer returns and refunds at any time.
● The price range is a little high for some people.
2. Nicecnc Stainless Steel Universal AXLE CV Joint Boot Clamp Kit
NICECNC is offering this reliable, high-quality, and durable product for its customers to ensure they drive safely. This product comes with almost about 20 pieces in total. The package includes both small and large boot clamp.
NICECNC brand is the manufacturing company of this CV boot clamp. The item’s weight is about 7.1 ounces while the dimension ranges between 5.55 x 5.47 x 1.42 inches. The product model number or manufacturing part number is NICECNCPJ065-20PCS. You can buy online by using the B07H3451GN ASIN.
- You can easily install this CV boot at the front, right, left, or rear side of the vehicle.
- The width of these clamps is 0.273 inches which is equal to almost 2.94 millimeters.
- It comes with 0.023 inches thickness, and that is about 0.58 millimeters.
- Made with non-metallic stainless-steel material. This is to ensure the safety and security of the vehicle.
● Perfect for old boot clamp replacement.
● Extremely easy to install.
● High-quality and durable.
● The manufacturer does not give enough information about the product warranty.
3. OTC 4724 Stinger Ear Type CV Boot Clamp Plier
OTC produces the best CV boot clamps. The manufacturer produces it to work for the ear-less CV boot clamps. So, you can replace those old ones with new ones without any trouble. It has a suitable grip for multiple positions so that you can keep it tight around the boot.
The manufacturing company of this product is OTC. The weight is just 12.8 ounces, and the dimension range is between 13.1 x 4.4 x 0.9 inches. The item model number or manufacturing part number is 4724. By using the B005J3L5AW ASIN, you can buy it online.
- This product is an ear-less type CV boot clamp.
- It can handle clamp in multiple directions to tighten around the boot.
● Safe, and secure for use.
● Easy installation.
● Need to request the manufacturer for product warranty.
4. CV Axle Repair Clamps Kit
Under the brand Muzzys, these CV axle boot clamps are being made for different vehicle types. These smooth clamps have designs that fit very well with the specific vehicle for which it is made. So, do not wait, remove the old clamps from your vehicle, put on the new ones, and make sure you chose the suitable one for its structure.
Muzzys is manufacturing this product for years now. Overall, the dimensions of the product are 5.2 x 4.6 x 1.2 inches while the weight is 5.6 ounces. The manufacturing part number or item model number is 10303. You can use the B07QLGLT2R ASIN for online purchases.
- This boot clamp is suitable for use in 4Runners, Tundra, FJs, and Tacomas.
- The structure of these CV boot clamps is made with stainless steel, while the screws have zinc plating on them.
- The large clamps have a 3.53 inches-4.33 inches range, while the small ones have 0.98 inches-1.57 inches.
● Do not require too much effort for installation.
● Clamps that never cut into boots.
● Corrosion, and rust-free.
● Need to ask the manufacturer for a warranty.
5. GEARWRENCH CV Boot Clamp Tool 3955
This is one of the best CV boot clamps ever made in the current industry of automobiles. The durability of the material with which it is made and the smart design of the product are two factors that are making this product stand out from others. If you want to buy a reasonably priced boot clamp that is as useful as an expensive one, then this one should be your first choice.
Cooper Tools are manufacturing this product with 1.25 pounds weight. the dimension range is just around 5.63 x 1 x 1 inches which are pretty good for such a product. the item model number or manufacturer part number is 3955. You can buy this CV joint clamp kit online by using the ASIN which is B0027K7Z4U.
- You can install C boots with it.
- Comes with a center pushing feature.
- It has crimp joints.
- You can use ratchets, wrenches, as well as with hands.
● Easy to install.
● Do not need tools to use it.
● Have a good design.
● No rusting and corrosion.
● The manufacturer did not provide enough information about the product warranty.
6. OTC 4722 Stinger Heavy Duty CV Boot Clamp
OTC is made exclusively for front-wheel vehicles. The design is such that it can handle the heavy-duty vehicles that are otherwise not easy to handle. If your vehicle uses the clamp or cooling system hoses, this product will provide crimps for them. By doing it precisely, it helps you avoid damage or destruction of your vehicle boots and hoses.
OTC is manufacturing this amazing product under its brand. The dimensions are kept between 6 x 2.5 x 1 inch, while the weight of the product is just 1.4 pounces. The item model number and manufacturing part numbers are the same for the product, and that is 4722. The OEM part number is also the same as these two. If you want to buy online, then use theB005J3L4BW ASIN to get the original item for your vehicle.
- Design of product supports the vehicle through crimps.
- Made to suit only the front-wheel vehicles.
- It is an ear-type CV boot clamp.
● Extremely durable.
● Free of rusting and corrosion.
● Part of the CV boot repair kit.
● Need to request the manufacturer to get a warranty for the product.
The main goal of the company is to make a CV joint boot clamp product that people could easily depend on. They do not have to replace it after a short time and spend a lot of money again and again. Also, the product’s design and functioning are such that the user and vehicle are safe all the time.
MIKKUPPA is manufacturing this product with the model of "Universal Adjustable Stainless constant velocity Boot Clamp". Its weight is just 3.52 ounce, and the dimension range is 6.38 x 3.07 x 0.39 inches. The item number and manufacturer parts number are QAT094. It comes with the special feature of "Universal Adjustment". For those who want to buy the original item online, use the B07KXDBBVC ASIN.
- This CV boot clamp tool is made with a long metal rod at one of its ends.
- Comes with OEM solutions which means that it supports the smooth running of the vehicle.
- The product is made with stainless steel material.
● Comes with a lifetime warranty.
● Helps the axle move correctly.
● Helps to correct issues in running vehicles smoothly.
● Extremely durable.
● The price range is out of budget for some customers.
8. Keadic Auto CV Joint Boot Clamps
The manufacturers make the CV boot clamp pliers like this to save the time and money of users. For those who want fast tensioning and security get the additional straps with the package. Also, its quality is one of the best in the market right now, so do not ignore this option if you come across it during research.
Keadic is the brand that is manufacturing this product in its company. This CV axle boot clamp has a dimension range of 10.31 x 4.96 x 2.09 inches. The weight is merely 3.53 ounces. You can purchase the original product online by using the B08CDCWS7B ASIN.
- Stainless steel boots like this are made for car tool kits. With perfect security and tension, it gives safety for CV boot banding straps.
- You can use it in different sizes with rubber boots and metal straps.
- The design and material with which it is being made are ideal for people who are using it in areas that receive heavy rainfall and snow.
● Extremely durable.
● Secure, and reliable.
● Provide fast and simple tensioning.
● Have a long service time.
● No information about the product warranty is given.
Buying Guide for the Best CV Boot Clamps
To buy one of the best CV boot clamps for your vehicle, you should first go through the buying guide. It can help you a lot with final decision making. Here are a few guiding points:
The reliability and durability of the CV boot clamps that you choose to buy should be your top priority. If it is of good quality, that means it will last longer and save a lot of money which you would otherwise spend on replacing it with a new one again. Above this, you will be able to keep your vehicle and yourself under protection. This is because a quality boot clamp keeps the boot at its right position. Now you can avoid grease leakage from the boots and the join remain under protection from the debris and contamination.
The application of CV boot clamps is also very important to consider at this stage when you are buying it. If you know which vehicle you are going to use it in, and how long do you want to keep it without facing issues or need for replacement, then focus on the application the most. You can use it on the drive, and you can apply it on the CV axle.
You have to keep in mind the size that is suitable for your vehicle type and model. The CV boot clamps must be according to the one you replacing. It can be from different manufacturing companies, but the dimensions have to be the same to fit comfortably and correctly.
If you have an alight commercial vehicle or a heavy-duty one, the installation of the CV boot clamps would be different for each one. But if you chose the right one, it can be easy for you to install it. You have to keep in mind that the chosen clamp is suitable for installation on the front, rear, right, and left wheels of the vehicle you have. If you want it for a specific one, then keep that in mind too while buying because you have to choose the design accordingly.
FAQs (The best CV boot Clamps)
1. Can we reuse the best CV boot clamps?
Yes, you can reuse it. You can even get a kit for it from stores that are useful for reusing boot clamps. However, you cannot just take the tools from the kit box and replace it. It is the work of a mechanic and you should hire one for it.
2. What is a CV boot clip?
These are stainless steel structures that secure the boots. These then protect the CV joint from impurities and make sure the vehicle runs smoothly by retaining the lubricants.
3. Can we just replace the CV boots?
Well, you can change the CV boots only. However, experts recommend checking the CV joints before replacement. If they need the same service, then do that so that you can run the vehicle without any issue in near future.
4. Is it serious that the CV boot is leaking?
With time, as the CV boot gets in touch with contaminants, it starts to tear up, get dry and brittle as well. Now, as this starts to happen, the grease starts to spill out of it onto the wheels. Other than this, if the boot is broken, then it will allow the impurities like dust, debris, and moisture to reach the joints. In this way, the CV boot leaking problem can become serious as it can damage the joint.
5. What can damage the best CV boot clamps?
The CV boots have a protective covering over them which is boot cracks. If the damage is done to this part, then the boot starts to tear off. As this happens, the grease leakage is the next big issue that arises immediately after it. This tear or destroys the CV joint very quickly. Eventually, the CV boot system loses its lubrication, gets filled with contaminants or debris, and starts to corrode quickly.
Consider all the best CV boot clamps given above, you must be now very sure about which one you need to buy. Even though the description is quite extensive, we recommend you further research your chosen boot clamps. This will ensure that you made the right decision, and you are going to spend money on something equally worthy.