8 Best aftermarket Catalytic Converter | Most Reviews and Buying Guide
If you wonder what the best aftermarket catalytic converter is, then do not worry at all. We are here to explain all information about the top catalytic converters in the market right now.
Many people feel confused while deciding to change or replace the bad working catalytic converter. Many vehicle owners do not pay attention to change it because that will cost them dollars. Some owners run their car without a catalytic converter. The price range may vary from one brand to another, so they usually drop the replacement idea. However, it does not matter if the owner wants to replace it or not. It is necessary because when it is faulty, the toxic emissions increase many folds. Experts recommend that replacing the OE catalytic converts with an aftermarket catalytic converter is the right decision. It will cost less and give a high-quality performance at the same time.
The positive news is that the Catalytic Converter usage is increasing rapidly. Car Catalytic Converter market size will reach at USD 73.1 billion by 2025 from USD 42.3 billion in 2018 at expected growth rate of 8.12% over the period from 2019 to 2025.
Best Aftermarket Catalytic Converter
Your vehicle must have a properly working catalytic converter to pass the toxic emission test. If it is broken and releases toxic gases into the atmosphere, the car will not work. Thus, it is essential to consider the converter’s emission rating when you buy it. To help you choose the best catalytic converter, we will share the list of top ones here.
MagnaFlow OEM grade federal catalytic converter is known for its high-end quality. For newer vehicle applications, this one proves to be the best choice. The high-grade structure, clean finish, and compact design of this converter make it even more popular among car owners. Moreover, it has EPA certification that means it fulfills the standards and regulations of this agency.
MagnaFlow Exhaust is making this 5-pound aftermarket catalytic converter. The model of the product is OEM Grade Catalytic Converter. It has the same manufacturing part number and item model number, which is 51356. The ASIN for online shopping is B0086C1V52.
- It is an OEM grade converter with a computer control monitoring system.
- The engineering standard of this catalytic convert ensures the engine lights off.
- The construction of this car catalytic converter is of stainless steel.
- The precision automated method for manufacturing this product ensures that it remains perfectly fit.
- It has a professional instalment system that makes it a universal fit. Thus, it allows proper fabrication, welding, and cutting.
- This MagnaFlow catalytic converter has5 years/50,000-mile construction that gives worry-free ownership to the buyer.
- It also has a 25,000-mile emissions warranty that fulfills the standards of EPA (Environment Protection Agency).
● Very high-quality.
● Performance and sound are perfect.
● Easy to install.
● Top-notch durability.
● Even exhaust flow.
● Sturdy construction.
● The price range of this catalytic converter is above the budget range of some people.
Thanks to the direct-fit configuration of this catalytic converter, its installation is easy and simple. Also, there is no need to add new parts to it during installation. Also, no more modifications need to be done before starting its proper use. Its outer coating and pipe design make it a very compact product to fit snugly into the exhaust system.
The Tenneco manufacturing company is making this product with 14.8 x 4.8 x 5 inches dimensions. The total weight is around 4.80 pounds. The item model number or manufacturing part number is 93253. For online purchases, B002KLSF72 ASIN can make use of walker catalytic converter reviews.
- The Engineers have designed this catalytic converter to fit the OBDII vehicles. They have an EPA federal emission system that fulfils the regulations of this agency.
- This best catalytic converter has expandable bushing with a customization design for comfortable fitting.
- The head shields match with the OE-style. It helps in protecting the undercarriage from heat.
- OE technology wash coat and metal loads allow a reduction in the emission from the tailpipes.
- The body structure is made with stainless steel material. The pipes are made with aluminum and a heat shield for product longevity.
● It does not require a mechanic for installation.
● Provides heat shield.
● High-quality design.
● Compatible with multiple vehicles.
● Direct fitting offers.
● Better exhaust flow.
● It is expensive to replace the vehicle exhaust system.
This good catalytic converter is a top-rated product among vehicle owners. They like to use it in both gasoline and diesel systems. The building material makes it very durable. Overall, it helps in improving the power of the vehicle engine along with better fuel consumption. In summary, the exhaust outflow also becomes smooth and clearer from toxic gases. The magnaflow catalytic converter price is also resonable.
The brand MagnaFlow Exhaust is making this performance catalytic converter with a 59959-item model number. The weight of the product is no more than just 2.54 pounds. B000RQS6VW ASIN indicates for scam-free online purchases. Read the features of magnaflow vs walker catalytic converter to chose the suitable one.
- The catalytic converter manufacturers have made it after considering the standards and regulations of federal complaint emission.
- This universal catalytic converter has a stainless-steel structure that avoids rusting and corrosion.
- The formulation of the MagnaFlow 59959 catalytic converter has both gas and diesel applications.
- Seam welding is done for this product to ensure that the perfect fitment and strong/ tight bound.
- The overall size of the catalytic converter is medium and has a compact design with just 2.54 pounds weight.
● This converter does not require modifications.
● Extremely easy to install.
● Provide direct-fit configuration.
● Stainless steel construction.
● No rusting and corrosion.
● Long-lasting performance.
● It increases the control of gas emission costs for the user.
If you are looking for the best aftermarket catalytic converter, this one should be at the top of your list. This is because it has aluminizing pipes, stainless steel outer structure, and a very compact design. Additionally, it is so simple that the buyer does not need to install it with a professional mechanic’s help. For those who have enough DIY knowledge, the installation of this product becomes very comfortable.
MOSTPLUS is making this 13.57-pound catalytic converter that has 19.5 x 14.5 x 6.5 inches dimensions. The item model number is M25002, and B07JHHR5SP is its ASIN.
- This converter’s fitment compatibility is perfect for Nissan Sentra 2.5L and Nissan Altima 2.5L from 2002 -2006.
- This aftermarket catalytic converter has a non-carb complaint.
- The structure and design are compact for this catalytic converter.
● Effectively reduce emissions.
● Top-notch quality.
● Innovative design.
● Clean outer shell.
● Better surface area.
● Improvement in the exhaust flow.
● This type of catalytic converter is out of the range for some people due to the high price tag.
DNA motoring OEM-CONV-001 is a factory-style car catalytic converter. It has a very high quality and firm structure that makes the exhaust system working better. The outer look is magnificent and smooth as the making material is stainless steel. Finally, the most significant achievement of this product is to have an effective emission through the exhaust system.
DNA MOTORING gives OEM-CONV-001 item model number to this catalytic converter being made in their company. The dimension range is about 40 x 19.2 x 10.3 inches and its wight is 27.6 ponds. Its exterior is entirely bare. The ASIN for online shopping is B07S9T7BFG.
- The durability and strength of this catalytic converter are made sure with the computer mandrel-bends.
- The structure is made with stainless steel that protects it from rust and corrosion.
- The OEM style replacement and catalyst material make it a perfect product that does not deteriorate in quality.
- It has EPA OBD-2 approval. This means that it is non-carb compliant and ensures the standards of this environmental agency.
● Easy to bolt the assembly.
● Simple installation.
● Direct fit configuration.
● Less harmful emissions.
● Legal in 47 states.
● Lower cost than other counterparts.
● The price tag for the replacement of this converter is high for people with average income.
A catalytic converter like this has an easy assembly and has the easiest installation system. It belongs to the high-end category of catalytic converters. Therefore, its performance is also top-notch. This one is also known as the best high-flow catalytic converter because it is an EPA-compliant converter. Moreover, it fulfills all the requirements and standards of this environmental agency.
YITAMOTOR is manufacturing OG0901Y500-FBA model number of catalytic converters. The product’s weight is about 15.07 pounds and the dimension range is 20.2 x 15.4 x 7.3 inches. The item model number is Catalytic Converter, and its exterior is mechanical. Use B07TX84RFJ ASIN for online purchases.
- This catalytic converter has a design that fulfills the standards and requirements of OE-style.
- The designers make it compatible with Nissan Altima and Sentra 2.5 L from 2007-2013.
- The outer shell of the converter is made with stainless steel material.
- There are the internal substrate and precision metal loading that makes the design efficient for working.
- Installation is easy due to OE-style and is possible without any modifications.
- Its compliance with EPA standards is another feature that makes it an optimal quality catalytic converter.
- This high-flow catalytic converter’s fitting is vehicle-specific.
● World-class performance.
● Perfect direct-fit configuration.
● Superior quality.
● Extremely easy to install.
● Do not require modifications.
● Very durable and robust.
● Not every vehicle owner can afford to buy this catalytic converter.
According to the catalytic converter reviews, this one is always among the top-rated ones. This compact converter is best if you want to improve the performance of the vehicle exhaust system. Moreover, the outflow of emissions is smooth and of better quality. It fits snugly into the exhaust system and has an effortless installation. In brief, it’s a excellent choice for people who are looking for a catalytic converter that can last for a longer time.
Tenneco manufacturing company is making this product under Walker's brand. It has 5 pounds weight that makes it very compact. The item model number and ASIN are 16360 and B001FHXXBA, respectively.
- The catalytic converter has OE-style with a lovely direct-fit design has a bolt-on solution.
- It has routers, hangers, shields, and brackets that allow easy installation into the vehicle.
- It has compatibility with OBDII vehicles and has federal emission regulations that suit the EPA standard details.
- This catalytic convert keeps the check engine light off to reduce tailpipe emissions.
- There are OE-style flanges, hangers, and brackets that make this converter extremely durable and strong.
- There are heat shields in the design to make it suitable for OE-style. T
● Top-notch performance and sound.
● Simple bolt-on installation.
● Construction with high-quality material.
● More organized undercarriage.
● Fits perfectly into the exhaust system.
● Improved quality of emissions.
● It can increase the price of unleaded gas costs in the long run.
MagnaFlow HM grade catalytic converter is the best catalytic converter in the market right now. It has features like a heat shield and stainless-steel material. Also, this converter can help the exhaust have better airflow. Moreover, it perfectly fulfills the requirements of EPA. Thus, a great converter to consider for replacement in your vehicle.
MagnaFlow Exhaust is making an HM Grade Catalytic Converter model and its weight is almost around 30.2 pounds. The item model number is 93419, and the ASIN is B000RDI51G.
- The OBDII emission requirements of this converter are beyond those given by the EPA.
- It is an HM grade converter that offers the satisfaction of a computer control monitoring system.
- The structure is made with stainless-steel. Thus it is highly resistant to rust and corrosion.
- There are free-flowing Mandrel pipes along with a high-end robotic system to ensure perfect fitment.
- It has a reliable working system and long-term high performance due to CNC precision techniques.
- It acts as the bolt-on replacement due to the presence of a direct-fit configuration.
- This converter uses high-quality 3D technology and research findings to ensure that gaskets and hardware work at their best.
● Better heat resistance.
● Allows maximum airflow.
● No requirement for fabrication or welding.
● Useful for gasoline and diesel vehicles.
● Successfully breaks all harmful chemicals.
● Meet all EPA standards.
● Not every vehicle owner can afford to replace the old converter with this one.
Buying guide for the best aftermarket catalytic converter
Given below are some of the essential points that you need to consider before buying the aftermarket catalytic converter:
1. Inspect the Internal Side
When you go to purchase the catalytic converter, make sure you inspect the inside content. You must expect that the weight is low enough and the whole setup is compact. Additionally, it will help you to install the system into your vehicle’s exhaust system easily.
Moreover, keep in mind that what is inside the catalytic converter matters the most. You must inspect it carefully so that you do not face problems while using it. Its inner side will fit into the exhaust system, so the design and dimensions should be according to the needs.
2. Inspect the Outside
If the outer side of the catalytic converter looks metallic and grey, it is not a new one. It must have been underused before in this case, so you have to observe the colour while buying the converter. Also, if it appears bleachy and empty, it’s a sign that you should not buy such a catalytic converter. Inspect it carefully because sometimes colour seems to be normal. But when you observe it closely, it is not the one that you would want to purchase.
3. Identify Emission Level
You should identify that there is an emission control information tag on the vehicle engine area. As you get to know that level, make sure that you choose the catalytic converter according to it. For instance, some have a tag that says ‘this vehicle is OBDII compatible’.
4. Concentrate on Catalytic Convert Grade
You have to buy the catalytic converter that has the right grade. The grade should be either Heavy Metal Grade OBDII, OEM Grade OBDII, or Pre-OBD II. These grades will ensure that you are buying the best aftermarket catalytic converter. Therefore, it will be able to control toxic gaseous release into the environment.
5. Carefully Select Convert Configuration
You have to carefully decide whether to fit the direct-fit design or universal-fit design. The selection of the right catalytic converter configuration will help in perfect fitment into the engine exhaust system. So, you have to make sure that the one has the proper compatibility with the vehicle exhaust system.
6. Buy Online
You should try your local dealer when you want to buy the new catalytic converter, for to realize why online shopping for this part of the vehicle is important. You will be happy to know about the difference in the price range and also can know who makes the best aftermarket catalytic converters and catco catalytic converter reviews or evan fischer catalytic converter reviews.
FAQs for the best aftermarket catalytic converter brand
1. What is a catalytic converter?
A catalytic converter is part of the automobile exhaust system that cuts down the emission of toxic gases. It changes the harmful gases into less harmful ones to protect the environment from their extreme damaging effects.
2. How does the best aftermarket catalytic converter work?
The best aftermarket catalytic converter works by using the oxidation and reduction or redox reaction. The reduction catalyst present in this converter is platinum and rhodium. Its main target is nitrogen oxide gas. The oxygen atom is taken out from it to make it less toxic for the atmosphere. Consequently, this free oxygen then converts into oxygen gas as it goes into the surroundings.
3. Can a car run without the best catalytic converter?
The function of the catalytic converter is to reduce toxic emissions into the environment. Also, there is no role of the converter in running the engine. Of course, this means that the car can run fine without a catalytic converter but it proves detrimental to the environment.
4. How to clean the best aftermarket catalytic converter brand?
The catalytic converters build carbon over time. It clogs the system and reduces its performance efficiency. To bring it back to typical performance and functioning, flushing out the dirt is necessary. Specifically, many famous brands make catalytic converter cleaners to help vehicle owners. It is in the form of a solution that the user needs to spray on the converter. After few minutes, thoroughly rinse with clean water. This is the best way to clean the clogged catalytic converter.
5. How do I choose the best catalytic converter?
You have to make sure that you choose a high-performance catalytic converter. This is possible only if you select it by reviewing the top converters available in the market. Go through them online and discuss them with professionals in this field. Indeed, you need to educate yourself to choose and buy the catalytic converter.
6. How can you tell if your catalytic converter is bad?
The bad catalytic converter shows multiple symptoms that help you understand that it is going flawed or broken. These include slow engine performance, dark smoke coming out of the exhaust, low acceleration, heating, and bad smell as well.
7. How much gold is in a catalytic converter?
The catalytic converters comprise Rhodium, Platinum and Palladium but they do not contain any gold.
8. How much platinum is in a catalytic converter?
The amount of platinum in a catalytic converter varies according manufactures and type. Generally, it is around 3 to 7 grams in a typical catalytic converter.
9. What is the difference between three-way catalytic converter and two way converter?
The primary functions are fundamentally same for both as they oxidize CO to CO2 and oxidize unburnt HC to CO2 and H2O. In addition, the three-way catalytic converter splits the NO to N2 and O2.
10. Is there a regulatory policy on the replacement of catalytic converters?
Catalytic converter replacement is not same as exhaust or other pipes replacement. You should follow EPA rule as it is an emission device. Otherwise, you may be fined.
Finally, from the above information, we are sure that you will be able to buy the best aftermarket catalytic converter. Keep in mind the grade of your car, and then choose the suitable converter for it. You can find the grade emission certification on the sticker that shows OEM and heavy metal standards.
Briefly, do not forget to consider the buying guide points given above. They are going to be extremely helpful for selecting the best catalytic converter brand for your vehicle exhaust system. It's very vital to thoroughly determine how the selected converter will work and how you can maintain it. We are sure that you must have found the correct information about that too.