8 Best 5W30 Oil [Most Reviews and Buyer’s Guide]
Changing the motor oil in time can give a new life to your vehicle's engine. But, the question is which engine oil to use confuses many vehicle owners. Actually, the reason is the pool of motor oil brands that make buying the best 5W30 oil challenging.
In this article, we've reviewed the best engine oils available in the market. It'll help you to choose the best 5w30 synthetic motor oil. Moreover, the buyer guides for SAE 5W-30 and answers to frequently asked questions will allow you to choose the best synthetic motor oil in no time.
Let's start with reviewing the 8 best 5W-30 oils from different motor oil brands.
8 Best 5W30 motor oil 2021
Valvoline maintains high standards for the 5w30 synthetic motor oil. With its anti-wear technology, it'll provide 50% more wear protection to your vehicle's engine. Sequence IVA wear test of the industry supports this feature.
The presence of extra detergent in this oil will remove all the sludge and make your engine shine. Moreover, it also makes your engine varnish-free. As a result, the oil efficiency and life expectancy of your engine will increase.
The Valvoline oil provides the best protection to your vehicle's engine in hot summers. Besides, your engine will also stay protected in extremely cold conditions. Even when you're starting your car, it'll be ready to go. A blend of antioxidants in this oil is the reason that makes your car work in extreme conditions.
This Valvoline 5w30 oil is an advanced full synthetic model with model number 881164, weight 3.23 lb, size 8.22 x 4.6 x 12.66 inches. However, the volume of the liquid inside the bottle is 5 Quarts.
Following are some of the features of Valvoline advanced full synthetic SAE 5w30:
● Anti-wear technology to make your engine wear-resistant.
● Extra detergents to make the motor varnish-free and sludge-free.
● Antioxidants blend to protect the engine in extreme weather conditions.
● Certification from the American Petroleum Institute to build confidence in the product.
● Easy to use oil bottle
● Fight with engine's deposits
● Anti-glug tube
● Oil may leak from the bottle
When it comes to performance, Moil motor oil is the best 5w30 synthetic oil. If you own a car that has run about 75000 miles, you can extend its life with Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30 motor oil.
You can use it in engines with diverse driving applications such as stop-and-go driving and high-speed highway driving. However, use it for the aviation or two-cycle engine only if the manufacturer-approved it for that purpose.
It's SAE 5W-30 oil. It shows a viscosity rating of 30 at the standard temperature and five at the cold weather. Don't forget to check in the vehicle's manual if this motor oil weight is the best fit for your car or not.
Mobil is the manufacturer of this 5w30 synthetic oil. Its model number is 94001 with manufacturer part number102991. The product's weight is 12 pounds, and the dimension is 9.13 x 7.63 x 9.5 inches. The total volume of liquid inside the bottle is 5 qt or 5676 milliliters.
Here're some of the features of Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil:
● Provide excellent wear protection and lubrication power to enhance the engine's performance.
● Prevent sludge deposition to improve the life of the engine.
● Ensure the strength to start the car at the lowest temperature.
● It's resistant to higher temperature and oxidation.
● Enhanced engine efficiency in coldest temperature
● Suitable for car and truck
● Licensed by Dexos1
Among other motor oil brands, Castrol comes with the best engine oil. It's full synthetic motor oil to protect your engine in extreme weather conditions. Most of the leading car brands recommend this oil to increase the life of your car engine. You can use this oil for both diesel and petrol engines.
The best thing about Castro motor oil is that it'll lubricate all the components of the engine. So, the metal part friction at different driving speeds will get reduced. As a result, your engine's performance will be optimum. Moreover, it also ensures protection to modern engines.
Above all, this oil offers wear protection for the engine designed to run smoothly on lower viscosity oils. Moreover, it also offers protection against the entire drain interval in the engine under extreme pressure.
When it comes to sludge accumulation in the engine, this synthetic oil will make your engine free of all deposits.
Manufactured by Castrol, this 5w30 oil comes with model number 03037. The dimension for this product is 12.5 x 8 x 4.5 inches. Moreover, its bottle comes with a 9.58 lb weight and 5-quart size.
Following are some of the prominent features of Castrol advanced full synthetic motor oil:
● Premium synthetic oil that makes your car's engine powerful under extreme pressure.
● Provides lubrication to each part, reducing metal-metal friction.
● Reduce the engine sludge for optimum performance.
● Unbeatable protection under extreme temperatures and various driving speeds.
● Lubrication to each part
● Increase engine efficiency
● Enhance car engine strength under extreme pressure
● No ll-01 marking on the bottle.
Another best synthetic motor oil comes to us from Royal Purple. It can reduce wares to enhance engine performance. Moreover, the low friction coefficient is another reason for the improved fuel efficiency.
The best feature of this synthetic motor oil is patented additive technology. This technology enhances the engine performance by preventing lubrication starvation and white sludge formation. On the other hand, white sludge formation mainly occurs in oils containing a high concentration of gasoline-ethanol blends.
The superior corrosion-resistant technology makes this SAE 5w30 oil industry's first runner. During the standard industry testing, no rust was observed due to this oil.
The manufacturer Royal Purple produced this product with model number 11748. The product weight is 10 lb with a dimension of 15.38 x 13.75 x 7.81 inches. Its bottle contains about 5-—QT of liquid.
Given below are some of the fantastic features of Royal blue synthetic motor oil:
● This oil increases the protection against LSPI.
● It comes with an anti-wear additive fortified with phosphorus/Zinc.
● It's unique due to its exceptional stability against oxidation.
● Superior corrosion resistance keeps the rust away from your car's engine.
● Enhanced vehicle engine protection against LSPI
● Less deposit in engine
● Anti-wear additive for wear protection
● Higher lead level
Are you looking for the best engine oil in the world? Have a look at Pennzoil ultra-platinum full synthetic 5W-30 motor oil. It stands out from its competitors for many reasons.
First of all, patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus technology is behind its manufacturing. That's why this full synthetic engine oil is made from natural gas rather than crude one. Moreover, Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30 has approved this oil unmatchable for wear protection.
Another feature that makes it unique is a better fuel economy due to the engine's protection from power loss. As a result, you can travel an extra 550 miles per year compared to a dirty engine.
Engine maintenance is another feature to make this motor oil shine. It keeps the pistons of the engine smooth and cleaner. Moreover, it also provides protection against sludge for unbeatable engine performance.
Above all, it can easily flow at low temperatures due to its viscosity. Moreover, you would never face high temperature-related issues if you're using Pennzoil motor oil in your car engine.
Pennzoil manufactured this 5W-30 oil under model number 550040865 with only 1 Quart size. It weighs only 1.6lb with 9 x 4 x 2.5 inches dimension.
Given are some remarkable features of the Pennzoil ultra-platinum full synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil:
● It provides high engine maintenance by keeping the piston clean.
● Sludge-free engine for enhanced engine performance.
● Less power loss leads to better fuel economy.
● Easy flow at high and low temperatures to keep your car running.
● Purely synthetic oil with no crude products
● Improved fuel economy
● Cleaner piston
● Additives may settle at the bottom
It's the first and best synthetic oil formulated for the higher mileage engines. With premium seal conditioner, it'll help your engine to prevent leaks.
This oil also contains cleaning agents and friction modifiers. As a result, your car engine will stay protected and maintained. When it comes to performance, many reasons will allow your car engine to run faster and smoother.
First of all, it carries additives to form a durable anti-wear film. As a result, there will be no auto engine breakdown. Moreover, detergents will keep the engine away from the deposits and sludge. Consequently, your car engine will run smoothly.
In the end, superior antioxidants are present in the oil. These antioxidants will not allow your engine to break down in extreme weather conditions. So, get ready to travel without the fear of your car getting stuck at the lowest temperature.
Under the brand name Valvoline, this 5w30 oil comes with the model name "Model High Mileage with MaxLife™ Technology" and model number "881163." The bottle comes with 9.46 lb weight, 8.22 x 4.6 x 12.66 inches dimension, and 5 QT.
Here’re some of the exceptional features of the Valvoline High Mileage motor oil:
● Anti-wear technology to protect your car engine from sudden breakdown.
● Extra detergents to keep your car engine sludge free
● Premium steal conditioner will not allow the car engine to get leaked.
● Superior antioxidants enable your car to run smoothly in extreme weather conditions.
● High mileage oil
● Available at best price
● It's not a Dexos oil.
Mobil is also offering the best High Mileage full synthetic oil 5w30 to extend the life of your engine. If you have a vehicle that has covered a distance of 75000 miles, this High Mileage oil is for your car.
It makes your car engine run smoother by reducing friction and removing deposits and sludge. Moreover, it'll reduce the risk for oil leakage with its uniform synthetic oil conditioner. The unique formulation of the oil provides heat protection to the internal parts of the engine. With this 5w30 synthetic oil, your car's engine can withstand the temperature -40 F to 500 F. As a result; you can start your car quickly in winter.
To enhance the fuel economy, this High Mileage oil keeps your engine clean by offering wear protection and LSPI. Moreover, this oil also makes the engine part oxidation-resistant to enhance its performance. Above all, it meets all the standards of the ILSAC GF-6, winning your confidence.
Mobil 1, the manufacturer of this High Mileage oil, released this product with model number 45000-6PK. You can get this product in two sizes 1QT and 5QT, according to your needs. Its one bottle weighs12.5 lb with 9.13 L x 9.75 H x 7.75 W (inches) dimension.
The Mobil 1 High Mileage oil is popular among users due to the following features:
● You can use it in almost all modern vehicles.
● Resists oxidation to prevent oil breakdown in the engine.
● Make the engine parts sludge-free and deposit-free.
● It offers resistance to friction and wears to make the engine run smoothly.
● Recommended for most modern vehicles
● Oxidation resistant
● Expensive oil
This synthetic oil review can't be completed without the 5W 30 oil by a German company, Liqui Moly. Liqui Moly 2039 oil provides excellent lubrication to engine parts, enhancing its efficiency.
Actually, it lubricates all the engine parts, including the piston, to make them frictionless. As a result, the life of the engine would increase. The addition of molybdenum disulfide in this SAE 5W-30 oil is the reason for the lower fuel consumption.
Above all, you can use it in a diverse type of vehicles, such as diesel, LPG, and petrol engines.
Liqui Moly, a German company, manufactured this product with model number 2039. The weight for each bottle is 9.9lb with a five-liter liquid volume inside it.
Liqui Moly 5W-30 full synthetic oil has the following features:
● This oil meets the 505.01 oil rating, ensuring reliability.
● The presence of molybdenum disulphide provides exceptional lubrication to engine parts.
● Ensure lower fuel consumption.
● It's compatible with most of the engines. You don't have to buy separate oil if you have two vehicles with different engine parts.
● LL-04 certification
● Compatible with diverse engine types
● Exceptional lubrication
● Little bit expensive
Things to consider while looking for the best 5w30 oil
Various motor oil brands can leave you in the dark while selecting the full synthetic oil 5w30. Here're things that will help you choose the best motor oil.
● Oil's Compatibility:
The first most important feature that you need to consider is the oil compatibility with your vehicle engine. It's because every machine consumes motor oil differently.
So, if you carry a car with a diesel engine, see if the oil you're buying is compatible with the diesel engine. In this way, your chances to offer healthy life to your engine become successful. You should know the differences between 5w30 vs 5w20 according to your engine compatibility.
● Driving requirement:
Your driving requirements also help you decide on the engine oil. For instance, if you like fast driving, you should choose motor oil of higher quality. You can select full synthetic oil for the engines that work under stress.
Viscosity is the property of the liquid that describes how much your motor is thick. Greater is the viscosity of the oil, the better the performance it will show. More viscous oil offers better lubrication and allows your engine parts to run smoothly.
Temperature is the factor that significantly affects viscosity. Oil starts to thin out at higher temperatures leading to poor engine performance. So, it's essential to buy engine oil that can bear extreme weather conditions without viscosity changes.
Additives are something that makes engine oil unique. While buying the engine oil, ensure that it contains all the necessary additives such as:
● Additives to prevent oil leakage
● Additive for preventing the accumulation of deposits and sludge
● To avoid power loss and enhance fuel economy
1. Is Engine oil harmful to the skin?
Yes, engine oil is harmful to the skin.
● Engine oil can cause defatting of the skin. It means it can dissolve the oil present in your skin.
● It leaves your skin dry.
● Motor oil has cancer-causing agents such as PCBs.
● Hot engine oil can burn your skin.
It's advisable to wash your hands with soap and water if you get motor oil on your skin.
2. What does SAE 5w30 mean for your engine oil?
Every letter in SAE 5W-30 has a specific meaning. For instance:
● SAE stands for the society of motor engineering. This society aims at grading the motor oil according to its viscosity.
● “W” stands for winter.
● 5 is the viscosity grade at low temperatures.
● 30 is the viscosity grade at a higher temperature
3. What are the three main functions of engine oil?
The three primary functions for the engine oil are:
● Engine oil lubricates the engine parts; thus, reducing friction.
● It can make the engine deposit-free and sludge-free.
● It prevents oxidation and minimizes the chances of rust development.
4. How often should you change engine oil in your car?
The time to change the engine oil depends on the engine oil you're using. For example
● Usually, an oil change is recommended after 3000 miles run.
● If you're using any modern lubricant, you can change the oil after 5000-7000 miles.
● In the case of full synthetic oil, your car can run up to 15000 miles without changing the oil.
5. What are the essential components of motor oil?
When it comes to chemical composition, engine oil contains the following components:
● Base oil: 78%
● Additive for viscosity improvement: 10%
● Detergent: 3%
● Dispersant: 5%
● Wear protection: 1%
● Other components: 3%
If you want to run your car's engine smoothly, buying the best 5w30 oil inevitable. We've reviewed the 5w30 synthetic motor oil from different motor oil brands. I am sure you have found the best motor oil for your car till now. Don't forget to see your vehicle's manual to check which engine oil is best for its performance.