Changing the lube oil in time can give a new life to your vehicle's engine. But, the question is which engine oil to use confuses many vehicle owners. Actually, the reason is the pool of motor oil brands that make buying the best 5W30 oil challenging.
In this article, we've reviewed the best engine oils available in the market. It'll help you to clear what is the best 5w30 motor oil and choose the best 5w30 synthetic motor oil. Moreover, the buyer guides for SAE 5W-30 and answers to frequently asked questions will allow you to choose the best synthetic engine oil in no time.
Let's start with reviewing the 8 best 5W-30 oils from different oil brands.
8 Best 5W30 Oil 2022
Valvoline maintains high standards for the 5w30 synthetic motor oil. With its anti-wear technology, it'll provide 50% more wear protection to your vehicle's engine. Sequence IVA wear test of the industry supports this feature.
The presence of extra detergent in this best oil brand will remove all the sludge, prevent to form milky oil and make your engine shine. Moreover, it also makes your automobile varnish-free. As a result, the oil efficiency and life expectancy of your van will increase.
The Valvoline 5w3o oil provides the best protection to your vehicle's engine in hot summers. Besides, your auto will also stay protected in extremely cold conditions. Even when you're starting your car, it'll be ready to go. A blend of antioxidants in this 5w-30 synthetic oil is the reason that makes your car work in extreme conditions.
This Valvoline 5w30 oil is an advanced full synthetic model with model number 881164, weight 3.23 lb, size 8.22 x 4.6 x 12.66 inches. However, the volume of the liquid inside the bottle is 5 Quarts.
Following are some of the features of Valvoline advanced full synthetic SAE 5w30:
● Anti-wear technology to make your engine wear-resistant.
● Extra detergents to provide 25% more defense for making the motor varnish-free and sludge-free.
● Antioxidants blend to protect the engine in extreme weather conditions.
● Certification from the American Petroleum Institute to build confidence in the product.
● Easy to use oil bottle
● Fight with carbon deposits
● Anti-glug tube
● Oil may leak from the bottle
2. Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Oil
When it comes to performance, Moil lubricant oil is the best 5w30 synthetic oil. If you own a car that has run about 75,000 miles, you can extend its life with Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30 motor oil.
You can use it in engines with diverse driving applications such as stop-and-go driving and high-speed highway driving. However, use it for the aviation or two-cycle auto only if the manufacturer-approved it for that purpose.
It's SAE 5W-30 oil. It shows a viscosity rating of 30 at the standard temperature and five at the cold weather. Don't forget to check in the vehicle's manual if this motor oil weight is the best fit for your car or not.
How good is mobil 1 oil? Mobil is the manufacturer of this 5w30 synthetic oils. Its model number is 94001 with manufacturer part number 102991. The product's weight is 12 pounds, and the dimension is 9.13 x 7.63 x 9.5 inches. The total volume of liquid inside the bottle is 5 qt or 5676 milliliters.
Here're some of the features of Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil:
● Provide excellent wear protection and lubrication power to enhance the engine's performance.
● Prevent sludge deposition to improve the life of the automotive.
● Ensure the strength to start the car at the lowest temperature.
● It's resistant to higher temperature and oxidation.
● Enhanced engine efficiency in coldest temperature
● Suitable for car and truck
● Licensed by Dexos1
3. Castrol 03037 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Among other motor oils, Castrol comes with the best engine oil. It's full synthetic motor oil to protect your engine in extreme weather conditions. Most of the leading car brands recommend this oil to increase the life of your car. You can use this oil for both diesel and petrol engines.
The best thing about Castrol edge lubricant is that it'll lubricate all the components of the engine. So, the metal part friction at different driving speeds will get reduced. As a result, your engine's performance will be optimum. Moreover, it also ensures protection to modern autos.
Above all, this Castrol 03057 gtx magnatec 5w30 motor oil offers wear protection for the car designed to run smoothly on lower viscosity oils. Moreover, it also offers protection against the entire drain interval in the engine under extreme pressure.
When it comes to sludge accumulation in the engine, this synthetic oils will make your engine free of all deposits.
Manufactured by Castrol gtx, this 5w30 oils come with model number 03037. The dimension for this product is 12.5 x 8 x 4.5 inches. Moreover, its bottle comes with a 9.58 lb weight and 5-quart size.
Following are some of the prominent features of Castrol advanced full synthetic motor oil:
● Premium synthetic oil that makes your car's engine powerful under extreme pressure.
● Provides lubrication to each part, reducing metal-metal friction.
● Reduce the engine sludge for optimum performance.
● Unbeatable protection under extreme temperatures and various driving speeds.
● Lubrication to each part
● Increase engine efficiency
● Enhance car engine strength under extreme pressure
● No ll-01 marking on the bottle.
4. Royal Purple 11748 SAE 5W-30 High Mileage Oil
Another best synthetic motor oil comes to us from Royal Purple. It can reduce wares to enhance engine performance. Moreover, the low friction coefficient is another reason for the improved fuel efficiency.
The best feature of this synthetic oil is patented additive technology. This technology enhances the engine life by preventing lubrication starvation and white sludge formation. On the other hand, white sludge formation mainly occurs in oils containing a high concentration of gasoline-ethanol blends.
The superior corrosion-resistant technology makes this SAE car oil industry's first runner. During the standard industry testing, no rust was observed due to this oil.
The manufacturer Royal Purple produced this product with model number royal purple roy11748. The product weight is 10 lb with a dimension of 15.38 x 13.75 x 7.81 inches. Its bottle contains about 5 quart bottle of liquid.
Given below are some of the fantastic features of Royal blue synthetic motor oil:
● This oil increases the protection against LSPI.
● The best 5w30 motor oil comes with an anti-wear additive fortified with phosphorus/Zinc.
● It's unique due to its exceptional stability against oxidation.
● Superior corrosion resistance keeps rust away from your car's engine and clean pistons 45% more than other lubes.
● Enhanced vehicle engine protection against LSPI
● Less deposit in piston
● Anti-wear additive for wear protection
● Higher lead level
5. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil
Are you looking for the best engine oil in the world? Have a look at Pennzoil ultra-platinum full synthetic 5W-30 motor oil. It stands out from its competitors for many reasons.
First of all, patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus technology is behind its manufacturing. That's why this full synthetic motor oil is made from natural gas rather than crude one. Moreover, Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30 has approved this oil unmatchable for wear protection.
Another feature that makes it unique is a better fuel economy due to the engine's protection from power loss. As a result, you can travel an extra 550 miles per year compared to a dirty engine.
Engine maintenance is another feature to make this lube oil shine. It keeps the pistons smooth and cleaner. Moreover, it also provides protection against sludge for unbeatable performance.
Above all, this pennzoil platinum 550046126 5w30 synthetic oils can easily flow at low temperatures due to its viscosity. Moreover, you would never face high temperature-related issues if you're using Pennzoil motor oil in your car engine.
Pennzoil manufactured this 5W-30 oil under model number 550040865 with only 1 Quart size. It weighs only 1.6lb with 9 x 4 x 2.5 inches dimension.
Given are some remarkable features of the Pennzoil ultra-platinum full synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil:
● It provides high engine maintenance by keeping the piston clean.
● Sludge-free engine for enhanced performance.
● Less power loss leads to better fuel economy.
● Easy flow at high and low temperatures to keep your car running.
● Purely synthetic oil with no crude products
● Improved fuel economy
● Cleaner piston
● Additives may settle at the bottom
6. Valvoline High Mileage SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
It's the first and best synthetic oil formulated for the higher mileage engines. With premium seal conditioner, it'll help your engine to prevent leaks.
This Valvoline 5w30 motor oil for high performance also contains cleaning agents and friction modifiers. As a result, your car engine will stay protected and maintained. When it comes to performance, many reasons will allow your Sedan run faster and smoother.
First of all, it carries additives to form a durable anti-wear film. As a result, there will be no auto engine breakdown. Moreover, detergents will keep the pistons away from the deposits and sludge. Consequently, your car will run smoothly with Valvoline daily protection.
In the end, superior antioxidants are present in this oils. These antioxidants will not allow your engine to break down in extreme weather conditions. So, get ready to travel without the fear of your car getting stuck at the lowest temperature.
Under the brand name Valvoline, this 5w30 oils come with the model name "Model High Mileage with MaxLife™ Technology" and model number "881163." The bottle comes with 9.46 lb weight, 8.22 x 4.6 x 12.66 inches dimension, and 5 quart.
Here’re some of the exceptional features of the Valvoline advanced 787007:
● Anti-wear technology to protect your car engine from sudden breakdown.
● Extra detergents to keep your automotive sludge free
● Premium steal conditioner will not allow the SUV to get leaked.
● Superior antioxidants enable your car to run smoothly in extreme weather conditions.
● High mileage oil
● Available at best price
● It's not a Dexos oil.
7. Mobil Super 5W-30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart
Mobil is also offering the best High Mileage full synthetic oil 5w30 to extend the life of your engine. If you have a vehicle that has covered a distance of 75000 miles, this High Mileage oil is for your car.
Mobil Super 5w30 engine oil makes your Sedan run smoother by reducing friction and removing deposits and sludge. Moreover, it'll reduce the risk for oil leakage with its uniform conditioner. The unique formulation of the oil provides heat protection to the internal parts of the vehicle. With this 5w30 synthetic oils, your car's engine can withstand the temperature -40 F to 500 F. As a result; you can start up your car quickly in winter cold temperatures.
To enhance the fuel economy, this 5w30 synthetic oil high mileage keeps your engine clean by offering wear protection and LSPI. Moreover, this oil also makes the automotive part oxidation-resistant to enhance its performance. Above all, it meets all the standards of the ILSAC GF-6, winning your confidence.
Mobil 1, the manufacturer of this high performance oil, released this product . You can get this product in two sizes 1QT and 5QT, according to your needs. Its one bottle weighs12.5 lb with 9.13 L x 9.75 H x 7.75 W (inches) dimension.
The Mobil 1 High Mileage oil is popular among users due to the following features:
● You can use this good synthetic oil in almost all modern vehicles.
● Resists oxidation to prevent oil breakdown in the engine.
● Make the pistons sludge-free and deposit-free.
● It offers resistance to friction and wears to make the vehicle run smoothly.
● Recommended for most modern vehicles
● Oxidation resistant
● Expensive oil
8. Liqui Moly 2039 5W-30 Synthetic Lubricant
This synthetic oils review page can't be completed without the 5W 30 motor oil by a German company, Liqui Moly. Liqui Moly 2039 oil provides excellent lubrication to automotive parts, enhancing its efficiency.
Actually, it lubricates all the gasoline engine parts, including the piston, to make them frictionless. As a result, the life of the automobile would increase. The addition of molybdenum disulfide in this SAE 5W-30 oil is the reason for the lower oil consumption.
Above all, you can use it in a diverse type of vehicles, such as diesel, LPG, and petrol vehicles.
Liqui Moly, a German company, manufactured this best 5w30 synthetic oil with model number 2039. The weight for each bottle is 9.9lb with a five-liter liquid volume inside it.
Liqui Moly 5W-30 full synthetic oil has the following features:
● This cheap 5w 30 synthetic oil meets the 505.01 oil rating, ensuring reliability.
● The presence of molybdenum disulphide provides exceptional lubrication to engine parts.
● Ensure lower fuel consumption.
● It's compatible with most of the engines. You don't have to buy separate oil if you have two vehicles with different type parts.
● LL-04 certification
● Compatible with diverse automotive.
● Exceptional lubrication
● Little bit expensive
Buying Guide for the best 5w30 oils
Various motor oil brands can leave you in the dark while selecting the full synthetic oil 5w30. Here're things that will help you choose the best motor oil.
● Oil's Compatibility:
The first most important feature of the best synthetic motor oil comparison that you need to consider is the oil compatibility with your vehicle. It's because every machine consumes oil differently. From car's owner manual you will get the specified recommended lube oil for your vehicle.
So, if you carry a car with a diesel engine, see if the oil you're buying is compatible with diesel. In this way, your chances to offer healthy life to your automobile become successful. You should know the differences between 5w30 vs 5w20 according to your fuel compatibility.
● Driving requirement:
Your driving requirements also help you decide on the motor oils. For instance, if you like fast driving, you should choose the best 5w-30 oil for its higher quality. You can select full synthetic oil for the engines that work under stress.
Viscosity is the property of the liquid that describes how much your motor is thick. Greater is the viscosity of the oil, the better the performance it will show. More viscous oil offers better lubrication and allows your auto parts to run smoothly.
Temperature is the factor that significantly affects viscosity. Oil starts to thin out at higher temperatures leading to poor performance. So, it's essential to buy 5w 30 synthetic oil that can bear extreme weather conditions without viscosity changes.
Additives are something that makes lube oil unique. While buying the best 5w30 engine oil, check the best synthetic oil consumer reports and ensure that it contains all the necessary additives such as:
● Additives to prevent engine knock and oil leakage.
● Additive for preventing the accumulation of deposits and sludge.
● To avoid power loss and enhance fuel economy.
FAQ'S for the best full synthetic oil 5w30
1. Is Engine oil harmful to the skin?
Yes, the best full synthetic oils or other high performance motor oil is harmful to the skin.
● Engine oil can cause defatting of the skin. It means it can dissolve the oil present in your skin.
● It leaves your skin dry.
● Motor oil has cancer-causing agents such as PCBs.
● Hot lubricant oil drain can burn your skin.
It's advisable to wash your hands with soap and water if you get lubricants on your skin.
2. What does SAE 5w30 mean for your engine oil?
Every letter in SAE 5W-30 has a specific meaning. For instance:
● SAE stands for the society of motor engineering. This society aims at grading the motor oil according to its viscosity.
● “W” stands for winter.
● 5 is the viscosity grade at low temperatures.
● 30 is the viscosity grade at a higher temperature
3. What are the three main functions of the best full synthetic oil 5w30?
The three primary functions for the best synthetic blend oil are:
● Engine oil lubricates the internal parts; thus, reducing friction.
● It can make the engine deposit-free and sludge-free.
● It prevents oxidation and minimizes the chances of rust development.
4. How often should you change engine oil ( the best 5w-30 oil) in your car?
The time to change the engine oil depends on the synthetic oil you're using. For example
● Usually, oil changes are recommended after 3,000 miles run and also replace oil filter during changing.
● If you're using any modern lubricant, you can change the oil after 5,000 miles.
● In the case of full synthetic oil, your car can run up to 10,000 miles without changing the oil.
5. What are the essential components of motor oil?
When it comes to chemical composition, lubricant oils contain the following components:
● Base oil: 78%
● Additive for viscosity improvement: 10%
● Detergent: 3%
● Dispersant: 5%
● Engine Wear protection: 1%
● Other components: 3%
6. What happens if you switch from synthetic to regular oil?
Synthetic oil provides more protection to engine than conventional oil. Our expert suggestion is to use recommended synthetic engine oil in your vehicle than traditional motor oil. But if you have no other options, you can use conventional oil.
7. What happens if I use the wrong car oil?
If I use the wrong lubricant oil, it cannot withstand the engine temperature and will be thinned out after few days. Thus, frictional force will damage the pistons, piston rings and other movable internal parts. You can also face high oil pressure.
If you want to run your car's engine smoothly, buying the best 5w30 oil inevitable. We've reviewed the 5w30 synthetic motor oil from different motor oil brands. I am sure you have found the best full synthetic oil 5w30 for your car till now. Don't forget to see your vehicle's manual to check which engine oil is best for its performance.